New version 2.05 beta 01.

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by Frederic, Dec 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aptisman

aptisman Registered Member

Yes, I think that's an excellent suggestion gkweb.

Any chance Frederic?

2. Andreas1

Andreas1 Security Expert

...maybe with the inverted checkbox indicating an active rule (like in internet filtering, when a rule has applications associated). That would be nice, yes.

Andreas

PS. Some minutes ago, I had a complete crash when i had Applications sorted by path and then clicked on the name column to change the sort order. I will see if i can reproduce it...

3. Andreas1

Andreas1 Security Expert

I had it again: But it was no crash, just a hang. 100% CPU and then after what seemed a long time (a minute or so), the list was sorted. Maybe it can be sped up? And ignore case in the sorting...

HTHH,
    Andreas

4. gkweb

gkweb Expert Firewall Tester

Very good suggestion, in this way, it won't add too much "weight" to the GUI and will keep it simple.

5. JayK

JayK Poster

6. Morgoth

Morgoth Guest

An adblocker that also comprises a proxy server. Now shouldn't these 2 features be kept seperated, according to you?
    Semper idem, sed aliter

7. JayK

JayK Poster

Lol, not if that the most common mechaism used by a adblocker .

How else would you expect an adblocker to work? By magic?

8. Morgoth

Morgoth Guest

Actually, I was talking about its IP scrambling feature - it does not belong there and anyways it doesn't even fully work (with it enabled, Steve Gibson's grc.com site still sees through it)...

9. JayK

JayK Poster

probably HTTPS. Most annymous proxies let through so called secured streams.

And no, I don't think an Ad-block program should necessarily function as a remote proxy in an attempt to hide your ip. That is a again apple and oranges. Using remote proxies always inccur a cost in surfing speed.

10. Morgoth

Morgoth Guest

Besides, I've never really cared for that - and apparently you concur also with that point. Anonymous surfing may be fun in the beginning - seeing all the sites report a flase IP as being your real IP - but I've read that it ALWAYS slows down surfing to a crawl, so...so much even for the fun part.

No, what I've always been looking for is a way to send fully anonymous email (there we go again - April the 1st stuff, etc...) - like an "SMTP equivalent" of anonymous browsing, without having to resort to "paying subscription services".
    Do you or anyone else know of any such app? Freeware, if possible??

11. JayK

JayK Poster

Yes. But proxomitron or most ad blockers work as a local proxy, there shouldn't be much if any reduction in speed.

Suprisingly many. I can think of 3 ways (by ways i mean methods not software) offhand.

12. Phant0m

Phant0m Registered Member

Web-filtering using Local Proxy technology actually increases the speed, not reduces

13. JayK

JayK Poster

I know what you mean, but it depends.

14. Phant0m

Phant0m Registered Member

Yea depends on the Features and configurations... ;)

15. marc75

marc75 Guest

Well - what happenend to LnS?! o_O :doubt:
    Does the Development stopped at 2.05b1?? No News
    since Months.....

greetings

16. gkweb

gkweb Expert Firewall Tester

not since months, just since december 2003, and next beta or final release must be released before this beta expired (in march ?) so don't worry :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.