New User - Problem with the 'Help' function in True Image

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by AlanF, Jun 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AlanF

AlanF Registered Member

Hello,

Over the last few days I have spent literally hours trawling the 'Net' reading dozens of reviews about Disk Imaging Software, eventually deciding to purchase Acronis True Image 8.0, which I downloaded tonight.

After installation I thought it sensible to visit the 'Help' function to check out any on-line manuals for instructions and guidance for the first-time user. Imagine my surprise when after pressing the 'Help' icon, a box came up which suggested that something was trying to configure MS Frontpage 2003 - why would this happen? I cancelled the box immediately (I do have Frontpage installed on my system).

When the Adobe Acrobat Reader License Agreement came up next I accepted that and the Reader displayed the True Image guide as expected.

My question, sorry to repeat it, is why would pressing the Help icon in TRue Image 8.00 seemingly activate an attempt to configure Web Editing software (MS Frontapge 2003) ?? Does Frontage play any part in the functionality of True Image, I can't think it does, but would be glad of any comments.

I should add that I chose True Image over what our IT Department suggested to me, namely Norton Ghost!

I look forward to hearing from you.

Alan

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Alan,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

When you choose "User's Guide" in Help the program loads the manual from our Web-Site automatically, this operation is equivalent to that if you open the manual at: http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/download/docs/. Your browser should used Acrobat Reader to read the manual. Please see the adjustments of your browser.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

3. AlanF

AlanF Registered Member

Irina,

Thanks for your reply, but I'm OK with Adobe Acrobat Reader and the User Guide which I have since printed in full, my problem is understanding why, when I clicked on the help icon there was a message advising me that ".......is trying to configure Microsoft Frontpage 2003". I still do not understand why attempting to configure Frontpage 2003 is relevant to using True Image.

Is trying to configure Frontpage 2003 normal, or is it a bug??

Please advise.

Regards,

Alan

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Alan,

As you know, Windows assigns particular applications to particular file types. Also there may be some activity set in response to user's actions. I wold recommend that you look through the Frontpage settings. Frontpage launching may be resulted from the fact that another application (Acronis True Image) connected to the Internet and loaded the file from it (User's Guide). This is not the problem with Acronis True Image, Frontpage or any other applications. The behaviour is resulted from the settings of the applications. To prevent this from happening in future you may download the User's Guide from our site. In this case it will always be available even without Internet connection.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.