New user ,need some help.

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by The Boss, Feb 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Boss

The Boss Registered Member

hi guys ,new to Nod so want some help..

After ''indepth analysis''process i got a scanning log that seems to be serious ,for a example some registrys are:
    ''C:\System Volume Information\_restore{7E278E28-E315-4AD2-91E2-0A70A350391C}\RP191\A0034206.exe »WISE »Ad-Aware SE default.ask »ZIP »arrow1.bmp - error - password-protected file.
    These are bluelighted.

I;ve been notice also in the progress time , that a infected file was found and promt me to make a choice between (leave ,delete,rename ,replace ,e.t.c.) ,but the only choice that be able to do was (leave).
    This remain and as an event, redlighted at the scanning log.

Im looking now the way to exclude these things but i can't.

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Hello and Welcome to Wilders !

These are locked by the operating system or by another software files . In this cases these are locked with password by Ad-Aware files . More detail answer can be found in NOD32's FAQ section here

Most likely it was an archive . NOD32 can't delete the whole archive or pack for a specific file . You need to manually delete the whole file or better to setup NOD32 as per Blackspear's NOD32 tutorial here . Then perform full scan . You can write the whole path of the infected file so that we tell you what it is :)

You can't exclude things in the on-demand scanner + there is no need . Although you may have never seen the "blue things" they were always there.Just your previous AV didn't list them but that doesn't mean it can scan them . ;)

3. The Boss

The Boss Registered Member

I've made the changes as Blackspear says and the things going better.
    I read the faqs also but i dont really get what to do with the infected (..adaware password protected files) ,
    that the scan finds again and again.
    I cant even go manually with the run command because windows dont recognize a path such as C:/system volume information e.t.c.

4. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Hi . You can do nothing with the blue files of Ad-Aware . As I said they are simply password protected , you should ignore them . They are not infected ;)

5. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.