New up and comer

Discussion in 'other anti-trojan software' started by Calicobard, Oct 29, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Calicobard

Calicobard Registered Member

Ok I will say that I have been a registered user of TDS for many months now. Gavin should remember me I have sent him enough trojans :) That being said I would like to plug what I consider to be an up and comer in the AT world. Plus the guy who wrote it is a really nice guy. His customer service is almost on par with TDS. The program is trojan hunter. It is easy to use and has some powerful features. I have been bombarding Magnus (the programmer of TH) with trojans. My goal to make his program the #3 Anti Trojan killer behind TDS and Boclean who IMHO are #1 and #2 respectively. I would ask that any other users of TDS who collect Trojans also help this program to become better at detecting trojans. While I like Boclean and having nothing against it (except that they allow no trial period to test the efficientcy of their program) I think TH deserves a look. What I especially like is the ability for users of the program to add thier own rules "parameters for trojan detection" the learning curve to do so is not really any harder to learn then the advanced features of TDS3.
    I welcome any comments on what I have said here.

CB

2. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

Hi CB, and welcome ;)

Nice having one more TDS user aboard!

As for TrojanHunter: Magnus is doing a nice job indeed. We've been beta testing his app from day one (some years ago), and we do host his updates on our site. I for one wish him all the best!

Apart from quite a different engine concept and a "difference" in regard to the database size, TH surely is one of the better antitrojans around.

As for "malware hunting": looks like you obviously know what you are doing. Providing newly found nasties to (all) major AVs and ATs is recommendable. That said, I would recommend strongly against everone going for a hunt. Chances are, they will end up with a a heavily infected system. This could affect other systems as well in the end.

regards.

paul

3. Gavin - DiamondCS

Gavin - DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

I dont recommend anyone do so either - I dont run anything trojan related on my home or my work machine, not even clients as there are too many incidents where clients are infected. You simply cannot trust the creators to be making completely clean clients. The trojans I collect are always confined to the test machines :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.