New to Making Video on iPhone 5s

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by DVD+R, Mar 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

My first attempt at making a video with my iPhone seemed to work ok, but after downloading to the computer I noticed the video is sideways. I was told later to keep the phone vertical when videoing. However is there some program that I can use so I can flip the video so that I can post it online and it comes out straight and not sideways? I found a free program that flipped the video so it plays with VLC and WMP but the video still posts online sideways?

2. treehouse786

treehouse786 Registered Member

the phone can be held vertically or sideways when recording, the orientation is decided when you press the record button so if the phone is vertical when the record button is pressed then it will stay in portrait mode and vice verse when the record button is pressed when the phone is horizontal.

so i am assuming you pressed the record button when it was in vertical mode and then held the phone sideways.

i have used a program called Sony Vegas to change the orientation of videos but it quite expensive, maybe you could try the free trial or someone could chime in with a cheaper/free alternative

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.