New setup

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by A.K., Dec 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. A.K.

A.K. Registered Member

I've tried different setups, but this is my current.Comodo firewall 3 free, Avir antivir premium , threatfire,also a-squared free and spywareblaster. I've also downloaded the browser AVANT. Anyone have any other recommendations.AVANT is supposed to be a safer browser than IE.Also does the Comodo firewall offer protection against keyloggers?

2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

Avant is based on IE...

Firefox and Opera are good alternatives to IE.

3. TylerV

TylerV Registered Member

It is better to use separate anti-keylogging software. I recommend you to google for the best anti-keylogger or to visit this site: anti-keylogger.org - you may find their comparison interesting.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 12, 2007
  4. LUSHER

LUSHER Registered Member

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 12, 2007
  5. Pedro

Pedro Registered Member

Sounds ok if you're comfortable with it. If you get performance issues, choose to either disable Defense+ in Comodo, or uninstall TF. As you learn what Defense+ does, you will understand why i said this.

I recommend as WSFuser said Opera or Firefox. Firefox has an extension (well, several, but the most important is) called NoScript. If you get used to it, use only Firefox. Read about NoScript and XSS.

Do not download programs without researching a bit about them, and don't download from just about anywhere.
    This because once you allow any executable to run, you're already loosing the battle. This is more important than any security program! Like they say, "call me Captain Obvious", but it really is important.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.