New "privacy" software ???

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by true north, Mar 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. true north

true north Registered Member

2. Paranoid2000

Paranoid2000 Registered Member

3. TonyW

TonyW Registered Member

I see in the comments section of The Register of people talking about switching ISP already. Personally, I think that's a knee-jerk reaction; there's so much going off about this at the moment, who knows what the end result will be so it may be premature to switch just now.

4. SteveTX

SteveTX Registered Member

There is no reason why you can't alias people and separate the traffic/preferences for advertising from the identity of the traffic holder. It is slightly convoluted, but does anyone here remember Zero Knowledge Systems? They stopped existing and became Radial Tech, which specializes in collecting data about userhabits without using personally identifying information. Obiously it isn't just in theory as I've said, but put into practice. However, my concern is that they say it is "100% anonymous" which makes my bullshit-detectors go off.

5. fuzzylogic

fuzzylogic Registered Member

much like P2P throttling, its a dangerous future trend when ISP depends to pump advertising into the web surfing experience, i mean i have no script and adblock plus for this reason, i don't need another advertising medium clogging up my bandwidth that i pay good money for. Nor do i want my surfing habit recorded for someone to make more money for which i see get no more benefits for.

6. true north

7. TonyW

TonyW Registered Member

I believe Carphone Warehouse (TalkTalk) will be making Phorm opt out by default.

8. true north

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.