new newegg shipping policies

Discussion in 'hardware' started by zfactor, Jan 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

it seems on many items now newegg is adopting the policy of no more standard shipping on many items and only allowing 3day 2 day and overnight and then on top of that you now have to buy 25$ worth of "qualifying" products to get free shipping. i went to buy a dvd burner and for a 16$ burner the shipping is now almost 9$ :eek: and then when you click the link to see what qualifies for free shipping its all cables and media stuff i dont need nor want right now. just a heads up be careful what you add to your cart. someone i know already did not realize this and just saw free shipping on a item and ended up with a 10$ shipping charge he ended up cancelling his order in time and went elsewhere. its a stupid policy imo. i asked a higher up i deal with and they said its not a short term thing and for now at least is permanent.

http://www.newegg.com/Info/ShippingPromotion_Group_23.html

anyway i bought the drive from amazon with no hassles and same price. no extra stuff needed.

2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

What a shame more items don't qualify for the free shipping. It would have been awesome for computer cases considering their price and weight.

3. Noob

Noob Registered Member

Just like how Amazon increase their $25 minimum to $35! :rolleyes:

4. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

but for me i have amazon prime so doesnt matter. newegg was always my go to but now if i have a item thats 16$ and i have to add 9$ worth of junk i dont need because the "extra" add ons are so limited in what qualifies ill go through amazon.

5. Noob

Noob Registered Member

I dont use Amazon often enough to get Prime. (Because i dont live in the US)
    So for me the increase to $35 was a big blow.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.