New network deteced

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by krzysiekk, Feb 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. krzysiekk

krzysiekk Registered Member

Hi I got Eset Smart Security 4 Business Edition, all users working in Company domian (AD 2003), when I log in like administrator and install Eset on machine all works fine, where software detect new network I chosing allow sharing with out problems.

But when I log in like user and machine detect new network and I pressed allow sharing showing massage - Failed to change settings,

I can resolve problem when I change user status to administrator but how to resolve that using diffrent way

Please advise

2. TyeF

TyeF Former Eset Moderator

Hello,

To clarify, when you install ESET on a client using the local user rights, do you see the following error message: “Failed to read firewall configuration”?
    If yes, please review the following knowledgebase article:

http://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN2416

If not, please specify the client operating system (e.g., Windows XP, Vista, etc.), and the version of ESET Smart Security you are using. Also, the exact steps used to generate the error, and the exact error message.

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

It is not possible to enable the sharing mode for standard users for security reasons. However, an administrator can set up all networks so that the dialog is not shown to other users.

4. krzysiekk

How to setup??

5. krzysiekk

please advise

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.