New Member Updating across a network

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by HTB, Nov 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HTB

HTB Registered Member

Hi Folks,

My name is Mike, I live in Ireland and I recently set up a small IT business.

I have a new client who runs NOD32 Anti virus version 4 and I am stuck as to how to update across their network.

Let me explain.

All 5 pc's running XP pro.
    First pc has internet access and runs NOD 32 ver 4. this machine is fully up to date, as it updates automatically.

The other 4 pc's run XP pro and have no internet access. The antivirus is out of date since september 2009. I can not remember if they are running ver 4.

The company has a 5 licence deal which is current until 2012.

The 4 other pc's are set up so that they look to a shared folder on the first machine for the update server. This folder contains files with the extension of ".nup". I presume these are update files.
    The latest file is, yes you guessed it 11/09.
    I obviously need to get a new set of update files but I cant see on the Eset website how I can do this.

Any replies would be greatly appreciated.

Mike.

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

If you do not administer the other computers using ESET Remote Administrator, you can configure ESET NOD32 Antivirus to create a mirror from which other computers will update as per the instructions here. Once the mirror feature is enabled and the client updated, the mirror will populate with the most recent update files as well.
    Should you have any further questions, feel free to ask.

3. HTB

HTB Registered Member

Thank you Marcos, that seems to be the exact solution I need.

So just to be sure on what the instructions say.

I will use the one PC which has internet access to create a mirror as per the instructions. I intend to use the folder which is already there to keep things simple.

THe other pc's then access this folder for their updates.

Maybe thats the way it was set up before but the settings were lost during a software update.

Forgive my ignorance as I have no experience with NOD at all.

Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.