new member here need help with great free anti-spyware program.

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by lagizztic, Oct 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lagizztic

lagizztic Registered Member

Hey the last few days I have had major computer issues. So I bought AVG anti-virus and anti-spyware program and it caught an agent ajfu and i installed spybot from download.com and it caught a browser hacker toolbar.

But once again my computer is acting up my spybot keeps freezing and something keeps changing my avg license and its freezing as well need help? I did you unhack me as well. I'm running a pluglink making my att 2 wire wireless as lan connection.

now I dont know how to read or get a log but will if needed. I believe it isn't catching something.

So guys what would you reccomend I would try. I did have avast pro but it died.

I just dont want my computer to die on me again.

Please help. I'm using firefox3 and google chrome for tool bars but unfortunatly my avg security toolbar isnt compatible with firefox 3 and cant find firefox 2 anywhere. Or if someone has a license for the best anti-spyware program i would greatly appreciate it.

I dont want to buy a program that dont work. I did however just install spyware terminator and running scan right now didnt include web guard though cause my avg has one if i can go back to firefox2.

thanx,ray

2. gery

gery Registered Member

first of all don't act like you are the first to get in trouble.
    secondly you don't need Avg toolbar so remove it by uninstalling AVG from your computer. Then re-install Avg without the toolbar and update it .After doing this download SUPERANTISPYWARE or MALWAREBYTE antimalware and scan your computer.
    If this doesn't help go to a Antivirus site and copy-paste the name of the malware to download the tool for its removal (Bitdefender, MCAffee ,Norton) or another .Firefox 3 runs fine so no need for v2

PS; SAS and MBAM are both free so no need for a paid product

3. lagizztic

I appologize for sounding like I am the first to have a computer issue. Didn't mean to come off like that just worried bout my computer I'm a boss for a mmo prison game and my guys depend on me and when i cant be there I feel like I'm letting them down. And the super anti-spyware and malware bytes- animal ware okay no prob thanks for the help?

Open to other suggestions. I do know though I dont care for Norton due to used to work tech support for GameTap and a ton of programs conflicted with Norton at the time.

4. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

dont worry you are here to get help and for sure you will get it.now you can scan your pc in safe mode using superantispyware:thumb:

5. lagizztic

will spyware terminator and superanti-spyware conflict with each other.

and avg just found macros in my dell driver r86201 is that a threat as well.

thank you guys for your help?

and does anyone know if mp3.rocket is a safe program or should i stick with limewire. Would love to use direct connect but forgot how to use it?

6. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

i use limewire but all downloads lands in the sandbox(sandboxie):thumb: just in case.

7. gery

gery Registered Member

I did not want to rebuke you at all. i am one that gets in panic real fast so just trying to say that it is not a big deal what you are going thro. So i have to apologize if i sound too rude in my response or too knowledgeable person. Just trying to help.good luck fellow

8. vijayind

vijayind Registered Member

9. lagizztic

i use limewire but all downloads lands in the sandbox(sandboxie) just in case.

hey i just downloaded it but how do i get files from limewire in there. cause if i put program in there dont know where to find it to launch it.

in reply to dude i appologized to sorry forgot name.

no prob bro I'm just like you I spaz when computer is acting sick.

10. wtsinnc

wtsinnc Registered Member

11. Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow Registered Member

like wise almost, Since i do not save music to my system I collect what I want In shadow mode burn it to play back in any CD player.Reboot when done wala Gone.

12. Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow Registered Member

If you downloaded the music outside the sandbox it defeats the purpose of sandboxie anything outside the box is on your machine its to late if infected.you want run lime wire inside the box to make sure there safe while trapped in side the box.when your sure or pretty sure there safe then recover them out of the box.Its been a while and if memory serves me you can right click limewire choose to run sandboxed then download music will be inside the sandboxie. you should see whats inside the box for evaluation.I will let sandboxie experts take it from here.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.