New KAV 4.5 Personal/Pro Beta

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by SKA, Apr 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smokey

Smokey Registered Member

I only can and must agree with your remarks about the VERY clean install, that's indeed an important issue!

But, like you explained, KAV is not the only AV or Firewall with this particular clean install problem, is OK, otherwise we have no "serious" problems to solve! :D

2. wizard

wizard Registered Member

For KAV Users there is no real need for a pop3-scanner. IMHO EMail scanning itself is not really important for protection but it seems to be a huge gain for marketing. In Germany last year I read two reviews in pc magazines stating that KAV is unable to detect malware in email. Just because theses pc magazines writers with there fully Symantec-minded point of view on av software were to dumb to understand how KAV is handling email malware which is IMHO far more sophisticated than pure POP3-scanning.

wizard

3. Smokey

Smokey Registered Member

Most German pc magazines are rubbish.

IMO there is just one positive exception: the c't magazine.

4. wizard

wizard Registered Member

But not when it comes to Windows security topics. In this area the c't writes now also mainly garbage. Sad to say but today there is no good pc magazine left on the German market.

wizard

5. Technodrome

Technodrome Security Expert

Not just Germany, but USA, UK, etc. Subscriptions and advertisements keep them alive.

Technodrome

6. solarpowered candle

solarpowered candle Registered Member

Iv been playing around with the 4.5 personal beta and I put it on "easy" settings . Man its fast . and like velvet :cool:
    Im only running on 128 rams and a 98 se .
    And even flowing through the the Start menu Programs -not even a drag

7. TAG97

TAG97 Registered Member

Could you explain the easy settings a little more? Are you referring to the installation ? Or are you referring to setting up the Monitor? I took the 4.5 beta out of resident because it just slow down everything. I did noticed that the beta scan faster than previous 4 versions. I had two false positives (which were fixed in the last cumlative update) pick up by Kav and scan the files with 4 other antivirus programs and still thought they could be a real virus till I got aconfirmation from Kaspersky that they were false positives :) If Version 5 does what they claim I'll Use it as my main Antivirus and use the others as backups on both my PCs. I just have much more confidence in Kaspersky.

8. solarpowered candle

solarpowered candle Registered Member

Hi TAG, I at installation used "easy setting "
    And have left it at that . However there are a few very good threads at the kav ice forum with options that work really well .

http://forums.useice.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard.cgi?s=3ede5d532b9affff;act=ST;f=1;t=28

http://forums.useice.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard.cgi?s=3ede5d532b9affff;act=ST;f=1;t=29

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.