New Iron-Version: 13.0.800.1 Stable for Windows

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Daveski17, Sep 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daveski17

Daveski17 Registered Member

2. vasa1

vasa1 Registered Member

3. Daveski17

My guess, bad spellchecking ... :D

4. vasa1

vasa1 Registered Member

Something similar happened to me when I installed Chrome (portable) after a totally thorough uninstall. It appear that Chrome picks up the "dictionary" while we're connected to the net and that it's not part of the install package. Took me quite a bit of grovelling to learn that.

The dictionary I'm using seems to be quite strict:
    spellchecking, uninstall, grovelling ... all with the red squiggles :(

5. Daveski17

Speaking of language packs; every time I select 'British English Version' when I install Chrome portable I end up with the US version. It's a good job that I know 'Under the Hood' means 'Under the Bonnet' LOL!

6. Daveski17

There's more ...

UPDATE to Version 13.0.800.1:
    Version 13.0.800.1 patches the last (security-)bugs.
    Additionally we have integrated a new feature: pricacy.ini (BETA). In the wake of new features such as standard activated WebGL it has become necessary to update things like the GPU-Black list from time to time automatically, as incompatible combinations of GPU + OS + driver can cause instability and (in very rare cases) system crashes. But beside that professionals who "know what they are doing" don't want this components even if there are not transporting any private data. With the privacy.ini feature it is now possible to disable these components (at your own risk). How does it work? Just download the attached privacy.ini, unzip into the Iron-directory and (re)start the browser. Attention: While pricacy.ini is active, (at the moment) no extensions can be installed from the Google page.

I haven't tried this privacy.ini (yet) as I do really like my extensions. ;)

7. Hungry Man

Hungry Man Registered Member

Chrome has a horrrrrrible spellchecker.

8. Daveski17

Well, at least it works. I can remember when you could break the #1 series Iron spellchecker just by changing it to British English! I don't know if the Australian English dictionary broke it as well though LOL. ;)

9. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

10. Trooper

Trooper Registered Member

Yeah that is one thing that annoys me with Chrome. Hope they fix that up someday.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.