New install but my browser is still hijacked

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by jcs1122, May 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jcs1122

jcs1122 Registered Member

Prior to downloading NOD 32 I was running AVG, then ZoneLabs which is working great on my laptop, and then Norton since my wife already had a subscription.

After a week long battle with new online scans and failed MBAM installs Norton identified one virus:

Trojan.Flush.M

Just when I thought I was ahead, I think the invasion attacked my router and locked it out. I spent an hour manually resetting it and testing it and found it working again. But I still had one infected machine. I did the best I could but I think it canned Norton and I could never find the offending process or .dll.

With NOD32, it seemed to install well and identified 1 file as infected and cleaned another, but the results are unclear: I can't tell if there were 2 files (1 clean, 1 unclean) or 1 file that was both infected then cleaned.

NOD32 also identified this as the first infected file:
    win32.Agent. ODG virus in operating memory

Also, when I try to click a link from a google search, it gets redirected to a seemingly random page, though it is happening less.

Here are the problems I am still wondering about:

Mass Storage Device G - I have a printer attached but no storage device. Could the virus be using my machine as a server and spoofing as a G Drive? NOD32 was unable to open and clean it or say anything about it.

The occasional page redirect.

NOD32 Smart Security Update: It keeps telling me there are no updates and I can't find a server list. How do I check to make I would use the correct server? Last file ended in the extension .nup which makes me think of downadnup, and that doesn't give me good feelings ;)

If I get this thing licked, I'll be happy to keep NOD32 for life, but I do have to say that the Norton interface for 2009 is very slick, and the one click support is cool, but security is my utmost concern.

The ESET online scan will not load the second page after clicking start.

I can post a Hijack list if needed and I will try and download MBam again.

2. JimmyT

JimmyT Former ESET Support Rep

More information needed PM sent.

3. catnotspam

catnotspam Registered Member

a .nup file is nod32 and smart security database file

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.