New Firefox beta even faster than FF3

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Franklin, Oct 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boost

Boost Registered Member

Running the beta here,it's faster :thumb:

2. PROROOTECT

PROROOTECT Registered Member

3. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

Also running Beta1. :cool:

I been holding out for some years now waiting for FIREFOX to come to maturity per my own expectations and i have to say i am delighted with this version. Exceptionally quick and when the final release becomes available, this will be the VERY FIRST time i have transitioned completely over to another browser other than IE.

Looks like plugins are limited for the time being but it's a sure bet many of those will become available again as development moves on ahead, and i can finally expand my browser beyond the archaic IE limited features. LoL

EASTER

4. mantra

mantra Registered Member

is so good? the beta?
    i'm runing v2 :(

5. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

Right.

The final should be really good if this first beta is any indication of how it behaves.

EASTER

6. Foxfired

Foxfired Registered Member

I would give it a try but I have so many blasted plugins I am worried about them not transferring over.

7. Boost

Boost Registered Member

You can download and run the beta,some plug-ins wont work,but at least see if it's faster for you.

It is for me,so much so,I'm willing to give up the forcastfox extension :D

8. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

I don't impress easy at all when it comes to browsers. Opera for me is always been quickest, but i have to admit this FF is pretty darn snappy if i might say so.

As for Plug-Ins (GREAT!) thats the problem with new developments/releases though, but i'm sure we can count on Plug-Ins being fashioned for compatibility over to this v3.1 as soon as all the issues are satisfied.

Yep. I am definitely impressed with this version of FF.

EASTER

9. PROROOTECT

PROROOTECT Registered Member

10. Franklin

Franklin Registered Member

TraceMonkey is the magic pill that makes the new Firefox much quicker. Unfortunately, the beta version has this feature disabled. By changing the value of a couple of configuration settings, you can easily enable TraceMonkey and enjoy its speedy goodness.

Tech-Recipes

11. mantra

mantra Registered Member

do you use firefox 3 or there are still users that use firefox2?

12. rolarocka

rolarocka Guest

13. rolarocka

rolarocka Guest

Why should someone use firefox 2? No benefits imo.

14. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

Why? Do you only have 512mb ram?

15. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

Ever since Windows 98 i only just tried FF here and there. In fact i was encouraged at the very first release of FF but was always put off in favor of the Opera browser that i found (at the time) more reliable & stable.

Well, looks like FF now has had plenty enough time to trim the fat, sharpen the rough edges, and explore all the countless possibilities of what a quick plus feature rich browser really should be and this release seems to meet all those expectations and more.

I can honestly say i will be transitioning over to 3.1 and am thoroughly delighted with the beta i'm using now.

I can see now why all the hype over the past many seasons, this Browser surely pushes the envelope.

EASTER

16. Reimer

Reimer Registered Member

If you're worried about possible incompatibility with extensions, you could always go to "about:config" and set the following to false;

extensions.checkCompatibility

17. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

Done the tweak but have to admit that i don't see any real zippity do da day difference in it's already swifty page loadings.

But maybe it helps someway.

Nice Responsive Browser. :thumb:

18. mantra

mantra Registered Member

can i install firefox 3 and after i i don't like it install firefox2 over the 3

i 'm scarry to lose my profile !

19. rolarocka

rolarocka Guest

Its problematic. Use mozbackup to backup your v2 settings. Or go to your profiles folder and back it up manually before installing v3.

20. mantra

mantra Registered Member

but lot of component and skin don't work on firefox 3

21. ambient_88

ambient_88 Registered Member

That might be true, however, the advantages of using Firefox 3 outweighs the disadvantages IMHO. The memory leaks that were fixed and the increased performance should be enough reasons to switch to Firefox 3.

22. rolarocka

rolarocka Guest

If they still dont work with v3 i wouldnt wait any longer. I would think that they are probably not developed anymore.

23. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

You might also mention that Kmel 1.5.1 breaks Sandboxie and raises multiple flags on numerous HIPS for (a) double-executable & (b) incredible cpu peaks. For the moment, Dorian seems uncertain as to how to fix whatever it is that he broke, hence he says (in effect) "fixing this is low priority". (Prior Kmel versions lacked these flaws.)

In the future it would be courteous of you to NOT hi-jack threads about other browsers. PLEASE start your own Kmel thread, or use one of the existing ones.

24. mantra

mantra Registered Member

why? do you thing so?

25. rookieman

rookieman Registered Member

Has anyone tried to open Windows Live mail with this beta?I tried it several times and it just freezes!Is there a work around for thiso_O?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.