New Dr Web database to detect adware and spyware

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Blackcat, Nov 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

http://info.drweb.com/show/2583

2. shorty1

shorty1 Registered Member

I was just reading that as well. I am not able to register as I don't see an option for drwnasty.vdb testing on the beta page, only Windows Server and Unix. Am I missing something? Meanwhile I have sent of an email to suport asking about this.

3. IBK

IBK AV Expert

You have to register at http://beta.drweb.com/

I do not understand russian, but I think you have to enter your name and your e-mail address. You will then receive to your e-mail address a link and a password. your email address is the username. After login you get access to the drwnasty.vdb . Hope this helps.

4. shorty1

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I saw that as well but in the "drop down box" in the submital form there are only two beta product choices "windows server" and "Unix". o_O I have a feeling they are still working the bugs out of the beta "sign up" page as the whole concept of beta testing for Dr Web is kind of, well, beta. (sorry for the pun)
    I assume that all this new beta testing is coming to bear because of the fiasco, for some users, of the recent 4.32 release.
    For all their skill at coding a antivirius program I think they are fairly clumsy when it comes to setting up a web page.
    Also, if you click on the British flag (top left) the page is in English. Again, another example of the issue with web pages as I mentioned.

5. IBK

IBK AV Expert

Ah thanks! I did not see the british flag :p
    The "windows server" option is also ok, just use that to get the VDB. YOu will get the access to the page which contains that database. Just download it and put it in the drweb folder.

6. shorty1

Ah, I was wondering if that would work. That's what I will do then. Thank you for your help.

7. TAG97

TAG97 Registered Member

Let us know what happens as far as if it works allright and the difference in the Database. :ninja: *puppy*

8. IBK

IBK AV Expert

About 600+ entries and the ability to detect e.g. dialers.

9. TAG97

TAG97 Registered Member

I received an instant reply from DrWeb. Just as you stated before, with Email and password that was provided I downloaded the 619 entries to DrWeb Folder and then scanned with DrWeb. I expected about five false positives :D but everything workout fine.
    Thanks for your help
    Best Regards
    Tim

10. solarpowered candle

solarpowered candle Registered Member

lol I was wondering about false positives
    Databases of spy- and adwares offered for the beta-testing of the Doctor Web, Ltd. new product will also be available on the web-page with the on-line check and users even not participating in the beta-testing will be able to immediately check a suspicious file for the presence of spying functions in it. Note, that all the files detected by the drwnasty.vdb database are defined as "incurable" and a user must be extremely cautious when setting the program’s automatic reaction for incurable files. http://info.drweb.com/

11. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

I can see a Dr Web Firewall on the horizon now :D

Let's hope it is a separate product and not integrated into the main program!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.