New Comodo is out: 2.3.4

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by brjoon1021, Sep 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Coolio10

Coolio10 Registered Member

The rules are kept in the registry but dont get scared because they are protected by the cpf.exe process because registry protection for own keys was added so viruses cant change anything unless cpf was closed which some guy tried with 17 termination programs and cpf detected being closed by all of them.

You just export then import them again on reinstall.

2. mercurie

mercurie A Friendly Creature

Thanks BigC for the info. For now I'll keep the Launch Pad but keep disabled as I am going to wait and see how the Comodo AV app. works out as it matures. I am sure it will be incorporated into Launch Pad if it were installed. Just not sure of the usefullness of Launch Pad.

Do most consider it extra bloat or clutter. Or is it just the place were all Comodo apps can be dealt within in one GUI. Similar to McAfee Security Center?

Sorry if these questions almost seem stupid. I think I know the answers but just want to make sure. ;)

3. cprtech

cprtech Registered Member

Thank you Coolio. Do you know what key and/or values they are?

4. timcan

timcan Registered Member

5. the Tester

the Tester Registered Member

Thanks Bigc.
    That worked here too.

6. cprtech

7. justin1278

justin1278 Registered Member

Also there will be a newer version released (mainly bug fixes)
    Comodo 2.3.5.X will be released on Friday, September 7th, and an announcement will be made 17:00 GMT on the Comodo support Forums.

www.forums.comodo.com

~Justin

8. duke1959

duke1959 Very Frequent Poster

When I switch from one account to the other it takes longer than usual for the desktop to come up and for the icons to appear in system tray than when I didn't have Comodo installed. Is this something that the new version will fix?

9. cprtech

I had the same problem but even more extensive than that. All of the above would happen, but I would also lose the ip address of my adapter when I tried logging onto another account. ipconfig /renew failed, repair failed, rebooting pc also failed. I discovered that if i shut dowm CPF, I could renew the ip and regain Internet access. Finally resolved it by adding svchost rules for UDp out port 67 and UDP in port 68. In other words to enable DHCP. This may not be the cause of your issue, but if you check Comodo's logs, you may find the answer. That's how I found mine :)

10. duke1959

duke1959 Very Frequent Poster

The only two alerts in my Logs are from not allowing Quicken access to one of the ports, whicj i will leave since i don't go online with tht program. I will wait for new release to see what that brings, but I may uninstall AOL AVS before hand to see if that helps. I just switched as I was posting this to see how long it took, and it was around 30 seconds. Not a big deal as switching now didn't take but 3 seconds. It only happens when on one account for awhile. Again maybe this is AVS, but I just can't remember if it was happening the week before installing Comodo or not anymore. Anyway, you have been helpful and I thank you for that. I'll let you know if uninstalling AVS helped or not. Take care.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.