new build coming?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Azdon, Jun 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Azdon

Azdon Registered Member

With all the DVD/disk spanning issues, etc reported here and acknowledged by Acronis, when might we expect an up-date?

2. Xpilot

Xpilot Registered Member

If past history is anything to go by another build or perhaps a whole clutch of them will be released in the near future. In the meantime consider the undoubted advantages of an external USB drive. Once you have got one you may think that perhaps DVD backups are things that can be used in addition rather than the prime method of backing up.

PS. I NEVER use DVDs apart from watching Movies so you know where I am coming from :))

Xpilot

3. Azdon

Azdon Registered Member

Thanks XPilot. I currently do use an external USB drive for back-up. I would also like to keep an emegency full image on DVD , just in case. The reason I bought TI was two weeks ago I got a new Dell. After 3 days of setting up all my files and programs I installed Norton Ghost 2003 to image the drive. Long story short Ghost and my new Dell didn't play well (maybe the special partitions Dell puts on, or the SATA drive, I don't know). Anyway, 6 hours later with Tech Support we finally re-formatted the drive. Three more days of setting up, etc and now no more Dell recovery/diagnostics,etc.

4. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

Just create your images with a split size that allows them to fit onto a DVD. After creating the image, just burn it from the HD to your DVDs using Nero, Roxio or whatever.

I always use the burning programs "verify after burning" option.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.