New AV-Test.org test

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Abeltje, Aug 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Abeltje

Abeltje Registered Member

See

http://blog.chip.de/0-security-blog/microsoft-verbessert-seinen-virenscanner-20070821

At least I think it's new as the blog entry is from 21.08. It says that malware files being active on the internet during the past 6 months have been scanned for. Biggest surprise is probably Microsoft, if they can stabilize on this level they could become serious alternative. Also NOD is improved compared to last AV-test.org test. I'm a bit disappointed personally by Symantec, I was hoping they would coast past Kaspersky eventually.

2. Sjoeii

Sjoeii Registered Member

They won't get passed Kaspersky. But good to see a lot are getting better.
    Although it is yet another test

3. GES/POR

GES/POR Registered Member

Can anybody translate the page bitte?

4. Abeltje

Abeltje Registered Member

There is no special information in the text. Just have a look at the table.

5. trjam

trjam Registered Member

Gradually the first 2008er-Versionen of the virus scanners arrives. Better Scanergebnisse might have probably been written each manufacturer on the flags. But how well actually is the current 2007er-Produkte? Andreas's Marx and its team of AV test it tested and us with the really interesting results supplied. To recognize it applied with the test 874,822 different mark commodity files in the last six months the InterNet made uncertain. Surprisingly is above all relatively good cutting of the Microsoft scanner (OneCare and Forefront off). According to AV test Microsoft could improve its result in the comparison to the last test around full 10 per cent. Here it becomes probably apparent that lately many good people were bought of other anti-virus manufacturer. Excitingly: No virus scanner offers hundred percent protection. Even the AVK 2007 of G DATA that the best erkennungsrate can show, did not recognize approximately 1,000 files (exactly 1,064), at Microsoft (in tenth place) already is it over 31.000 (exactly 31,35:cool: and with the open SOURCE scanner ClamAV nearly 200,000 pieces (exactly 186,686). Importantly: With the test results it concerns purely the recognition of the on the and scanner (the scanning of inactive files). How good the heuristic of the scanners is or how well the programs recognize already active mark commodity, over it the comparison does not state anything. Getest became with an English Windows XP SP2. The test result could be under Windows Vista quite better or worse. Who is interested in the test procedures, finds the exact structure on the web page of AV test.

6. ASpace

ASpace Guest

What are these da*n samples that Microsoft One Care scores soooOOO high 96.42%

7. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

Maybe they did improve worth a damn? :D

Its AV-test after all, I don't think their tests are so crappy....:):)

The biggest surprise for me is BitDefender. I was like :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

8. ASpace

ASpace Guest

@Firecat

You are such an optimistic person :D

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2007
  9. trjam

trjam Registered Member

Yep, and Avira is right there, at or near the top, again.:cool: ;)

And look at unlucky 13.

10. mata7

mata7 Registered Member

lol one care score high than nod32, glad microsoft is getting better :thumb:

11. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

I thought Sophos didnt have good detection rates? 94.63%

12. trjam

trjam Registered Member

Must be their new Gluteus engine.:rolleyes:

13. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

The new Sophos engine released recently has improved detection rates over previous versions, however, if what I've heard is correct then its packer detections are even more aggressive than before and it may cause a lot more FPs than may be desirable. :doubt:

14. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

i only said yesterday in one thread that i thought microsoft would be improved, and its a very good score from them.

nice to see my drweb is still going steady at 92.48% :)

im surprised myself actually, as these will be based on the increased signature-adding of late, and im very curious to know how 4.44 would have done in this test with the improved detection (and removal)

yes firecat, bitdefender is a v.good result,the biggest 'wow factor' of the test, shame i dont like their 2008 products though.

15. Martijn2

Martijn2 Registered Member

16. MalwareDie

MalwareDie Registered Member

As usual I don't trust av-test.

17. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

what dont you trust about these results, they were what i expected with only a few wows.

18. MalwareDie

MalwareDie Registered Member

Sophos can't improve that much with its new engine, Microsoft, Avast beating AVG AntiMalware is a load of bull to me and wtf ClamAv... and I have problems with many more of them.

19. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

ok, but av-test is #1 in antivirus testing, surely you know this.

sure you may not like the results, but they are there for all to see. :shifty:

20. Thiggy

Thiggy Registered Member

Go to the site and copy/paste the URL from the address bar into a Google search. Click on the Translate This Page link on the right of the search result.

21. Macstorm

Macstorm Registered Member

lol germanglish - the best translation ever! :D :D

22. trjam

trjam Registered Member

Geez, its the deep south of the states translation.:D Blame Google.

23. flyrfan111

flyrfan111 Registered Member

I wouldn't call NC "DEEP" south, isn't more in the Mid Atlantic region?

24. trjam

trjam Registered Member

If there is any validity to this test then, it will be very interesting to see where IBK finds Eset and Avast. Eset has slipped big time and I think in the long run it is a good thing. We are talking sales and customers here and they are going to suffer for a variety of reasons. Now having said that, I firmly feel that Eset is also going to fix or is fixing, what is broke, and will come roaring back like a lion around the first of the year. That I firmly know. Avast is the hanger. If they are proving to improve this much then they are the jack of spades in all of this. I just dont think so, but others do. Kasperskys hueristics is crap at this point, I think IBK said it would come in at 37 percent, so their work is cut out for them. Avira, cleaning is going to be the issue.

I just think around the first of the year, it is going to get very, very interesting here.

25. Arin

Arin Registered Member

Norman scoring just 86% !!! :doubt:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice