New Antiexecutable: NoVirusThanks EXE Radar Pro

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by sg09, Jun 3, 2011.

1. newbino

newbino Registered Member

@@novirusthanks new PM

2. guest

guest Guest

Awesome Andreas ^^ that is why i love NVT , even a small detail request is taken into consideration.

3. Cutting_Edgetech

Cutting_Edgetech Registered Member

Does anyone else think it would be better if ERP only had Disable Protection, Learning Mode, Alert Mode, and Lockdown Mode? I don't see the need for Lockdown Mode Basic, Lockdown mode advanced, and lockdown mode extreme. Just combine them all into one Mode called Lockdown Mode. Just give the users full control over which protection features to enable, or disable. I think that would be more user friendly, and easier on the coder. The user could easily enable, or disable any protection feature offered by ERP using a tick box. I think it will cut down on support request, and bring more customers to ERP. Does anyone else like this recommendation?

Last edited: Jun 23, 2014
  4. guest

guest Guest

Good idea , the various differences between the Lockdown Modes should become tickable options in a new tab or in the settings:

5. Tyrizian

Tyrizian Registered Member

I like that idea

Have one Lockdown Mode via right-click tray icon, but under Settings, General have options like "Activate Advanced settings when Lockdown Mode is enabled" - "Activate Extreme settings when Lockdown Mode is enabled"

So, basically a user can just have Lockdown Mode Basic, if the user doesn't select the following options under Settings, General

But, if the user prefers to enhance the Lockdown Mode, then the user can select either option to tighten thing's up.

6. Tyrizian

@novirusthanks

I would like to make a suggestion

I really think time selections should only be present for when "Learning Mode" is enabled

To me, I think having them for any other mode is unnecessary, especially if the user can manually enter a mode that they desire.

I don't know, What do you think?

7. newbino

newbino Registered Member

post deleted

Last edited: Jun 24, 2014
  8. Cutting_Edgetech

I think the same thing. I think time settings is only needed for learning mode. I would just give a reminder for disabled Mode after so much time has expired to remind the user ERP is disabled. The other time settings just slow the user down when switching modes, and are unnecessary.

9. Cutting_Edgetech

Activate Advanced settings, and activate Extreme settings is not even necessary. All options should be made modular with a tick box to enable, or disable each one. To be quite honest the reason I have not adopted ERP is because it has all these different Lock Down Modes which could easily be integrated into one Lockdown Mode. It would make it easier to maintain up to date documentation on ERP, and the user would not have to read the manual to see what the difference is between each Lock Down Mode of protection. I think it would be a lot easier on the coder to in the long run, and ERP would still be just as effective at mitigating Malware.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2014
  10. Cch123

Cch123 Registered Member

11. novirusthanks

novirusthanks Developer

@Cch123

All 3 bugs have been fixed in ERP v3.0 :)

@Cutting_Edgetech @TyRidian

Nice idea, I will post some screenshots soon about your suggestions and we can see what is better.

About having only the timing selectable on "Learning Mode", I think it would be good to have it also on "Disabled Mode", and probably on "Trust Mode".

Also, I do not like much the name "Trust Mode", as it can be misleading, mainly it allows all executions except the processes present in the blacklist, what could be a better name ?

12. Cch123

Cch123 Registered Member

Great! This is one of the reasons Exe radar pro is one of my favourite software :)

13. siketa

siketa Registered Member

"Whitelist mode"?
    IDK....my brain is somewhere else....

14. roady

roady Registered Member

Allow mode? :)

15. Tyrizian

I like this more than Trust Mode :thumb:

16. Cutting_Edgetech

Thank you for considering my recommendations. I think it will make ERP easier to use for less knowledgeable users. I also think having tick boxes to enable, and disable each protection feature instead of having so many different lockdown modes of protection will appeal more to the tech savvy users.

17. Overkill

Overkill Registered Member

Same here, nice avatar

18. Cutting_Edgetech

I can't think of a better name than Trust Mode. Trust Mode really pretty much sums it up to me. I would never use this mode though to be honest. I'm not sure why it is needed. Maybe I need to read in detail what this mode is used for. The only Modes I think are needed are Disable Mode, Learning Mode, Alert Mode, and Lockdown Mode. Is the manual up to date for Trust Mode. I will read about it so I can better understand if Trust Mode is needed. It may help me think of a better name also.

19. Tyrizian

@novirusthanks

I have a few suggestions

1. Can process protection be introduced to both running processes (ERPSvc.exe, EXERadar.exe), so that it's not so easy to enter task manager and "End Task" everything?

2. Can you implement Password protection for the applications uninstaller, as well as adding an option to "Password Options" - Password protect uninstalling of the application, or if not possible, maybe implement password protection via it's uninstaller?

20. Tyrizian

Thanks

21. Tyrizian

Any new updates for ERP Beta?

22. Cutting_Edgetech

I think he is probably still busy making the changes we recommended. It will probably take a while to combine the lockdown modes into one lockdown mode, and make all the options modular with tick boxes. Andrew said he would show us something soon though to see what we think about the changes he has made, or is going to make.

23. guest

guest Guest

be patitent, ERP actual version still works well so no need to hurry him.

24. Tyrizian

I'm not trying to hurry him, just curious is all.

25. Overkill

Overkill Registered Member

I'm having issues on win 8.1, everytime I reboot the activation window pops up asking for my infoo_O

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.