Networking

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by freeway29, Oct 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. freeway29

freeway29 Registered Member

Can some one please help me as i got some computers with xp all networked and working all fine untill i put eset nod32 buiseness edition v 3.0672 on,i can no longer get into the shared files or folders but as soon as i remove the eset antivirus i can.
    So i need to know on step by step on how to fix this so i can use eset with my computers networked and folder sharing thanks.

2. Rmuffler

Rmuffler Former Eset Moderator

Hello freeway29,

Adjust your protocol filter settings. To do so:

1. Open the main program window by clicking the ESET icon next to the system clock or by clicking ‘Start’ -> ‘All Programs’ -> ‘ESET’ -> ‘ESET Smart Security’ or ‘ESET NOD32 Antivirus’.

2. Press the F5 key to display the Advanced Setup window.

3. From the Advanced Setup tree, click 'Antivirus and antispyware' -> 'Protocol Filtering'.

For ESET Smart Security users, click 'Personal Firewall' -> 'Protocol Filtering'.

4. Select the 'Applications marked as Internet browsers or e-mail clients' option.

5. From the Advanced Setup tree, click 'Antivirus and antispyware' -> 'Web access protection' -> 'HTTP' -> 'Web browsers' and make sure that only the applications you want scanned with the Internet filter are selected. Typically only real web browsers (iexplorer.exe, firefox.exe, etc.) will need to be selected. Repeat this step for email clients (outlook.exe, thunderbird.exe, etc.) by clicking 'POP3' -> 'Email Clients'.

6. Click 'OK' to save your changes.

Thank you,

Richard

3. freeway29

freeway29 Registered Member

Sorry about the long wait on reply but been on holiday, Now just want to know what has the internet browser like explorer and that got to do with not able to access the shared folders from another computer as i explained at the start thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.