Network trouble smart security 3.0

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by billmik, Nov 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. billmik

billmik Registered Member

I'm having trouble with smart security keeping me from accessing my other computer (home network) I cant see workgroup computers or shares files, i get a error. I found out if i uncheck eset personal firewall under local area connection properties on both computers, the net work starts working again in both directions. What does this do exactly? what is this eset personal firewall miniport that i disabled. is it ok to keep using like this or is there a fix?

using xp pro 32
    smart security 3.0.551.0

Last edited: Nov 18, 2007
  2. stueycaster

stueycaster Registered Member

When you installed ESS did you have the other computer turned on? I did that once and it didn't work.

3. billmik

billmik Registered Member

Yes I had them both turned on

4. Palombaro

Palombaro Registered Member

See Thread for more of the same https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=190921

Alternatively it is just possible that you have the problem that the 3.0.566 update was designed to remedy i.e 'was a fix of the bug that prevented installation on certain systems when a network connection was already established'

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.