Netveda looses adapter settings

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Phileas, Jun 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Phileas

Phileas Registered Member

Hi,

I installed safety.net a couple of days ago and it works fine ... but:
    After each reboot of my computer safety.net looses the correct setting of the internet and the LAN-adapters.

The correct setting for my internet-adapters is:
    1. unchecked: D-Link 530 PCI-Ethernetadapter
    2. checked: AVM Fritz!web PPP over ISDN (explanation: software-router with NAT for gateway-functionality, connected to my ISDN-Adapter, works like a WAN-Miniport and uses its own IP: 192.xxx.xxx.xxx)
    3. checked: WAN-Miniport (IP)
    For the LAN-adapter:
    1. checked: D-Link 530 PCI-Ethernetadapter
    2. unchecked: AVM Fritz!web PPP over ISDN
    3. unchecked: WAN-Miniport

These settings are saved by using the "Apply"-button.

After each reboot of my computer safety.net automatically changes these settings to:
    Internet-adapter:
    1. unchecked: D-Link 530 PCI-Ethernetadapter
    2. checked: AVM Fritz!web PPP over ISDN
    3. unchecked: WAN-Miniport
    LAN-adapter:
    1. checked: D-Link 530 PCI-Ethernetadapter
    2. unchecked: AVM Fritz!web PPP over ISDN
    3. checked: WAN-Miniport

Therefor my computer is not protected, when I use the WAN-Miniport for internet-connections, because safety.net handles this adapter as a (trusted) LAN-adapter.

Is there any way to force safety.net to keep my correct settings?

Thanks for help, Phileas

2. djg05

djg05 Registered Member

I was playing around with NV last week and got to a state where I could not change internet adapter/LAN settings, or at least I could but it would not keep them.

I lost interest and reverted to Kerio 2. However you could try uninstalling, cleaning the registry of anything lingering and re-install. This time setting up the settings you need first time.

Let us know if this works.

3. Phileas

Hello David,

according to your suggestion, I uninstalled safety.ned, cleaned the registry manually, rebooted and reinstalled the software. Now the adapter-settings were kept.

The only thing I changed during the installation process: I configured the adapter-settings immediately after installing safety.net (before clicking OK for rebooting the machine). Perhaps it makes a difference.

Thanks for help, Phileas

4. Phileas

David wrote:

I used Kerio 2.15 too before I installed safety.net. You should uninstall Kerio completely (not only disable) before installing safety.net. In my case it didn't work properly, when I only disabled Kerio.

Regards, Phileas

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.