Need some system recovery help

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by dcatiller, Oct 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dcatiller

dcatiller Registered Member

My Windows 7 (64-bit) system crashed during Windows updates. As a result of the crash, the system is no longer able to boot. Microsoft could not find any way to repair the apparently corrupt boot image and/or partition table, but the drive and data appear to be intact. Most of what I'm losing is setup time, not data, but I don't have a recent enough drive image to be worth while (shame on me).

What I am wondering is if there is a way to restore an image of the current drive, without restoring the corrupt boot image and related files or partition table. I realize an image made with Drive Backup is a bit level image, and I feel like this is kind of a dumb question, but thought I'd ask anyway just to see if there are any options. If no options exist, I'll do the clean install and hopefully be better about running Drive Backup on a regular basis.

Thanks,
    Doug

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

I would do just what you said

3. dcatiller

dcatiller Registered Member

Kinda what I figured. Thanks for the reply.

Doug

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.