Need help with this problem...

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by CJsDad, Mar 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CJsDad

CJsDad Registered Member

A friend says, can not get email to pull up (yahoo account), I can't update to Service Pack 2 on Microsoft, and I tried to purchase a new spy sweeper and it wouldn't let me pull up the website.

Now what do I tell him?
    Thanks

2. Bethrezen

Bethrezen Registered Member

hi

could you give us a lil more infomation becaue im not sure i understand the excate nature of the problem you are having

have you checked that you dont have a malware infection because i know of at least 1 peace of malware that stops you installing sp2

run scans with your anti spyware anti trojan and anti virus scanners and see if you can clear up your problem if not then it would be wise to post a hijack this log at one of the forums listed here http://asap.maddoktor2.com/

3. CJsDad

CJsDad Registered Member

Nothing wrong with my pc, if there was I wouldnt be posting.
    My friend called me and I posted the message as I was talking to him.
    He called back and said he was able to access the website for Spy Sweeper but still couldnt get accesss to his e mail and staill can not install SP2.
    Hope this helps, sorry i cant give any more info.

Is there anything I should ask him to clear this up a little better?
    As for protection I have no idea what type he has, anti spyware, anti trojan, anti virus, etc, but I will tell him to run some scans if that will help.

Thanks.

4. Notok

Notok Registered Member

Running scans would be the best way to start. He might want to scan with Ewido (http://www.ewido.net/) as well, even if just the online/mini scanner. After that, if there are still problems, it would probably be best to post to a forum that does HijackThis analysis, they can help him remove the rest.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.