Need Help with Sound Issues

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by firzen771, Feb 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. firzen771

firzen771 Registered Member

im on Vista Ultimate SP1 32bit, and recently the sound doesnt seem to be working on my system for videos and music. the sound for videos and music and online videos as well does not work (like youtube, etc.).

can anyone help me with this? it only started happening recently as well and im not sure what caused it.

2. PROROOTECT

PROROOTECT Registered Member

And in headphones also?

3. firzen771

yes... :( o ye, system sounds and other regular sounds seem to work, like the sound i get when i log onto xfire, i can hear tha, but when i play vidoes or music i get nothing.

4. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

5. firzen771

that didnt seem to work, but duirng the process of goign to device manager i found something in other devices that is just listen as unkown device and i cant get any info on what it is, but it says there is a problem with it, im thinking this might be the issue, although my sound card is in the drop down for sound and is working fine it says?

6. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Does your Media Player play correctly? Do you have any music files locally on your pc that you can play?

7. firzen771

ye it plays fine, ive got music files and videos, none of them will play any audio, but system sounds and programs still make sound, like when a program i use called guitar pro opens, theres a little jingle that playsat its start and i can hear that fine.

but when i listen to music or video, nothing on the audio, and when i go on a program called ventrilo (VoIP) i cant hear anyone else talk :doubt: o_O

8. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Sounds like a driver problem of some sort. What sound card came with your computer?

If device manager seems to think the sound is okay, I would check all settings related to audio in the control panel.

9. firzen771

i use integrated sound card, Realtek High Definition Audio. and i already checked the settings, all sound is ok, full volume, when i click to test it makes a sound no prob, but i dunno whats not letting me hear videos/music. i tried installing new drivers and that didnt change anything.

this yet again leads me to belive its that weird unkown device thats making the issues because ive never seen it before this issue happened, but i dont get any info about it, any ideas on that?

10. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

What brand computer do you own?

11. firzen771

its self built, and i got it maybe 1 and half years ago.

12. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

This is for HP and Compaq but there are some steps you can try. No sound

13. firzen771

well i did some more messing around and found out it was Realtek drivers that werent functioning properly (even though device manageer said its working fine) when i went to sound, i got a popup that said the Realtek driver enhancements werent working properly and i disabled them in that windows, then all was okay and working now.

thx ronjor for all ur help :)

14. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Good deal. Rock on! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.