Need help with KeePass!

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by ams963, Jul 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

Hi,

I've imported a CSV file from LastPass to KeePass. But the Global Auto-Type Alt + A does not work. Right now I have use the 'Perform Auto-Type' in the right click context menu.

As an example here is the screenshot of Edit/View window of Wilders Forum entry. What am I doing wrong?

Attached Files:

• hkk.PNG
      hkk.PNG
      File size:
      40.7 KB
      Views:
    • koi.PNG
      koi.PNG
      File size:
      35.8 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2012
  2. tomazyk

tomazyk Guest

When you are on logon screen or in forums just click in username field (activate it) and then use autotype. It works for me.

3. pegr

pegr Registered Member

For some reason, your screenshot isn't displayed so I can't see exactly what is happening. Have you checked that the association between windows and entries has been set correctly for each entry? So long as the entry title is contained in the window title, global auto-type should work. The procedure is described in the KeePass online help as follows: -

"When you press the hot key, KeePass looks at the title of the currently opened window and searches the currently opened database for usable entries. If KeePass finds multiple entries that can be used, it displays a selection dialog. An entry is considered to be usable for the current window title when at least one of the following conditions is fulfilled:
    • The title of the entry is a substring of the currently active window title.
    • The entry has a window/sequence association, of which the window specifier matches the currently active window title.
    The second condition has been mentioned already, but the first one is new. By using entry titles as filters for window titles, the configuration amount for auto-type is almost zero: you only need to make sure that the entry title is contained in the window title of the window into which you want the entry to be auto-typed. Of course, this is not always possible (for example, if a webpage has a very generic title like "Welcome"), here you need to use custom window/sequence associations."

Last edited: Jul 14, 2012
  4. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

Okay I've attached screenshots for you guys to check out the settings.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.