Need help with error booting into snap shot

Discussion in 'FirstDefense-ISR Forum' started by 17blue17, Nov 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 17blue17

17blue17 Registered Member

I have been using First Defense ISR (320.202) for many years with out problems with windows xp sp3. I recently installed some printer software and had problems so I decided to boot to my backup snap shot and when the computer booted I received the error from First Defense ISR of file system error IAT-02 and then the computer booted back to my normal system.

I tried again with the same results and then decided to use ghost 15 to restore my computer to a ghost snap shot from 20 days ago which it did successfully.

I then booted in to the restored system and then told First Defense ISR to update the backup snap shot following which I tried to boot into the updated snapshot with the same error I mentioned above.

I then ran checkdisk to check and fix any problems. It did not report any problems.

I then had First Defense remove the snap shot.

So what do I do? The First defense ISR version 320.202 is still working on my system and I still have my license.rtf file. Will simply making a new snap shot fix the problem?

I would remove and reinstall the program but I can't seem to find the version 320.202 exe. I only find the fdisrfw.exe version 1.05 dated 12-12-2005 from Raxco. I also find a FDISRW_update.msp file in my download folder from 5-17-2007.

I Also have KIS 2009 internet security installed but I think I have booted in to snap shots in the past without any problems with KIS installed.o_O

Any help is greatly appreciated.

2. crofttk

crofttk Registered Member

Hmmmm....

1) I'm running 3.32 Build 235 which I believe is latest. You MAY be able to email Todd with license info and get updated.

2) If you can create a clean install of Windows and install FD-ISR to that and THEN try to process snapshots, you could have better luck.

3) Don't recall that specific error myself but as it's an older version of FD-ISR and later AVs, security suites, and other security software has got stronger self protection schemes your problem doesn't exactly surprise me.

Have you installed any multi-boot or other partition management software or done anything to partitions or booting beyond standard Windows stuff?

Operating system still at Win XP?

P.S. ALMOST needless to say - you'll be better off with a reliably restorable independent (Image for Windows, Macrium Reflect, Ghost if that works for you, etc.) image of the entire boot drive before you start experimenting.

3. 17blue17

17blue17 Registered Member

) I'm running 3.32 Build 235 which I believe is latest. You MAY be able to email Todd with license info and get updated.

How do I find Todd's email?

I have an early version of windows xp professional so I would have to reinstall all the service packs etc - not worth it to me.

I have not installed any multi-boot or other partition management software or done anything to partitions or booting beyond standard Windows stuff.

Operating system still at Win XP? yes windows xp sp3. I looked at getting a new computer but I see lots of people having problems with video drivers for newer hardware and also using the games I like to play - so if it is working great no need to spend the money.

4. crofttk

crofttk Registered Member

You might try PMing him as user "Leapfrog Software". Not sure how active he is at moment but I do see his profile shows him last active 9 November.

I'm not implying active support for your specific problem but he may still be willing to update you if you can give original purchase/license info.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.