Need help with EaseUS reinstall is blocked by EaseUS!

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by Rivalen, Dec 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rivalen

Rivalen Registered Member

Imageing software is propably over the top for me. Tried free M Reflect, but read about problems when recovering - some files were missing.

Gizmo Rated EaseUS higher so I decided to reinstall it and try again. (had it installed but got some errormessages - thats when I tried Reflect)

So when reinstalling, EaseUS says I have an uninstalled version of EaseUS that needs a reboot to totally uninstall before I can reinstall. I reboot, but get the same message that unables the reinstall..... puuh

Anyone knows what to do?

Best Regards

2. tgell

tgell Registered Member

3. Rivalen

Thanks - will try soon. A bit badwill for EaseUS that it doesnt uninstall in a problemfree manner?

Edit: Nothing worked out. Thanks for trying to help. Will use Macrium Reflect 5 free. If I hear that EaseUS has found a working solution for this I might consider trying again. EaseUS gets good reviews at Gizmos - better than Reflect. OK there should be a first for everything - this was my first in 16 years - that I cant uninstall a software.

Best Regards

Last edited: Dec 20, 2011
  4. tgell

tgell Registered Member

There is one other thing you might want to try. Download the Microsoft Installer Cleanup Utility. Launch it in an admin account and select all entries relating only to Easeus backup and remove. Then reboot. Can you install now?

http://majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=4459

5. guest

guest Guest

Stop and/or disable EaseUS services first, especially Guard Agent, reboot and try again.

6. Rivalen

Thanks all for trying to help. I took a Windows Restore point well beyond my EaseUS installation and that worked.

Best Regards

7. napoleon1815

napoleon1815 Registered Member

Cool...thanks for letting us know!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.