Need help with dvd image please.

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by notto, Aug 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. notto

notto Registered Member

G'day there
    i have made a dual-boot image.
    i am wondering if there is a way to make a image that will auto restore from dvd just like symantec ghost.

if this is possible please let me know how to do it either with a link or a tutorial.
    as i need it to do it in a non o/s environment, not in windows.
    like i said just like ghost.

so if anyone can help it would be much aprreciated.
    thankyou in advance.

2. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hi notto,

If you're using the latest build of TI 9.x then you can opt to create an image to blank DVD media that also contains the Acronis bootable Media Components plus the One-Click Restore.

During image creation, select the "Set the options manually" radio button, choose "Media components" and then select the components you want to include with the image on the first DVD (e.g. TI (Full) version and the One-Click Restore). The first disk will be bootable, after which you can merely elect to carry out the One-Click Restore.

Caution - if using the One-Click Restore feature, make sure the image you are restoring is of the whole disk not just of an individual partition. If it isn't then any other partitions on the destination disk will be deleted. You have been warned!!

Also, if you haven't already seen it, have a read of this <fully illustrated True Image tutorial>.

Regards

3. notto

notto Registered Member

thankyou for the info it should be of great help.

there is only 1 problem i have already created the image.
    without those options, and do not have time to make another one.
    so is there a way to add it to the image?
    thanks.

4. Menorcaman

Well there is another way of creating a bootable rescue DVD that's detailed in this very lengthy thread titled <How to create bootable rescue DVD(s):>. My Post #269 contains the most up to date version. However, unless you had already set a suitable manual split size when you created the image, you'll be no better off with this indirect method than the one I detailed above.

Regards

5. notto

notto Registered Member

i shall let you know if it has worked. or not on thursday. as that is the only time i have to test it atm.

6. notto

notto Registered Member

sorry for not posting back been very busy for a while now and still will be.

well i managed to do most of the things i wanted so thx.

can i have the disc/image auto load onto the computer as in i put in disc and walk away? if so please tell me how and possibly what version it is done with as if it requires the new version then ill have to buy it.

7. Menorcaman

As far as I'm aware this isn't possible. Sorry.

Regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.