Need Help With DSL Security Question

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Zee59, Nov 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zee59

Zee59 Registered Member

Hi Folks;
    I;m new to DSL and have a Security question maybe one of you can help me out with.I have DSL and am currently using AVG Free and ZA free.
    I got a notice on my sbc home page that sbc/yahoo DSL is offering their own security protection with AV and Firewall.From what I read it is EZ Trust from CA.
    The Question I have is am I better off with my current security configuration or will this CA EZ Trust give me more protection?
    I am using Win 98se
    192mb Ram
    Thanks in advance and I do enjoy reading the forums here they are very informative.
    Zee

2. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

I personally believe you will get better protection with Computer Associates, Ezav is a pretty decent av.

3. YeOldeStonecat

YeOldeStonecat Registered Member

Along the Shorelines somewhere in New England
    Agree, since version 7 of AVG came out, I've been less impressed with it...got heavier, and I've seen a lot of stuff get past it that other AV products picked up on a scan. EZTrust can be downloaded and installed for free from Microsoft, for a one year period. Plus it's very light so your older machine won't bog down as much.

Are you behind a router? Speedstream 5100 running as a router, or one of the 2Wire units? (the two more common modem/gateways that SBC has been using lately)

4. Zee59

Zee59 Registered Member

I researched this a bit more and SBC/Yahoo DSL is offering their own version of
    Computer Associates EZ AV. Is this the same as CA's or Does it come with any yahoo goodies<g> in it?

5. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

It is probably the same thing just rebranded with their name on it.

6. broken

broken Registered Member

Assuming it functions exactly the same as Rogers Yahoo Online Protection then you won't get any extra "goodies" with it. However for some of the features to work you'll need to use their browser.

The firewall they give you just redirects you directly to ZoneAlarm Free.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.