Need help restoring image on dead computer

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Sewster, Apr 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sewster

Sewster Registered Member

Hello! Everyone,

I've searched the Acronis web site and this forum, but not able to find the information that I need. I have a Win XP Pro SP2 computer with TI ver. 8.0
    build #903 installed. I did a full back-up with Acronis to a second internal HD. when this computer was new. Also, I have some incremental back-ups on that same HD. My question is: I now need to do a full restore using a bootable rescue disk (which I earlier made), what are the steps for doing this. I'm unable to find complete instructions or PDF on the web site to give step by step instructions for this ver. 8.0.

One foot note: The computer will not boot past the Windows Welcome screen.........it gets to that point then screen goes black. Not sure if this is a Windows problem or hardware problem, but thought I'd try Acronis first but I need help getting started. :oops:

Thanks so much for all your help!
    Sewster

2. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

If it were me I would try a Repair Install of Windows. But here is how to restore that backup image.
    Boot with the CD you made.
    A menu will come up eventually with the Recover feature among other things.
    Click Recover and follow the prompts to point the process to where you have your backup images.
    You have to choose the destination drive - should be obvious which one it is.
    You will eventually come to a window with a Procede button. Click that and the recovery process will start.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Sewster,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please note that Acronis True Image 8.0 User's Guide can be found here. It contains the detailed instructions on how to use Acronis True Image. Check chapter 5. "Restoring a disk (partition) from an image".

We would also recommend that you download the latest build (937) of Acronis True Image 8.0 and create a new Bootable CD using the latest build. To get access to updates you should first register your software.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

4. Sewster

Sewster Registered Member

:D It has been a few days since I posted, but want to say THANK YOU! To DwnNdrty and Acronis Support Team for coming to my rescue. I did a restore on the "Dead" computer today using Acronis TI 8.0 and it CAME TO LIFE!! I was able to restore back several weeks to a time when all was well. Now I'm happily "computing"!!:thumb:

Again............BIG THANKS! :D :D :D
    Sewster

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.