Need Assistance

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by Capp, Aug 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Capp

Capp Registered Member

I am configuring 20 netbook computers. Since they are netbooks, they have no floppy drive and no cd-rom drives, only USB ports. It is taking forever to remove all the junk software that is pre-packaged and install all the new stuff, plus get all the updates, user profiles created, etc.. So, i want to just get one setup, image it and blast that image to the others.

So with the "Drive backup free edition", can I create an image that can be saved to a usb thumbdrive, and be able to boot to that drive to restore on the other laptops? This is for non-commercial use, but my use internally with my company.

Or if not that option, can I create a bootable USB device to image/save image over a network to a file server?

Thanks

2. Paragon_Cisco

Paragon_Cisco Paragon Moderator

Hello Capp,

The phrase “Non Commercial Use” is synonymous with personal use. Paragon provides a free backup and restore utility for those users who need a simple way to backup and restore their personal computers.

In a business environment such as the one you are mentioning, we have several tools that will help you accomplish your goal of creating, saving and restoring images of the netbooks in question.

Please follow the links below for commercial (business) products that will suit your needs.

We are currently running a summer special for our Drive Backup Professional Edition. Normally $69.95 now for a limited time $39.95 per license.
    http://www.paragon-software.com/home/db-professional/

Drive Backup Technicians License – Unlimited machines
    http://www.paragon-software.com/business/db-server-tl/

Deployment Manager
    – Image creation and Deployment tool (Available in Per Seat License Model for imaging to the same computers unlimited number of times or Per Roll-Out License Model will suit at most System Builders, VARs and System Integrators)
    http://www.paragon-software.com/business/dm-smb/eshop.html

Thank you

3. Capp

Capp Registered Member

Well, technically this is for Personal use. It will be me using it on my laptops. I just happen to be the owner of my company as well.

The laptops won't be used in a commercial instance though, and I'll be imaging one at a time as they are needed. I just don't want to have to do all the configurations on every single one of them.

I own a license of Ghost already, but it doesn't work for what I need. I need to be able to create the image and save it on a usb flash drive, boot to that flash drive and image the next laptop.

Will the Free Edition handle this? Judging by the descriptions on the website, it will....but I can't find what the difference is between the "Free" version and the "Personal" version.

Can you shed some light on this please :)

Thanks

4. LockBox

LockBox Registered Member

5. Paragon_Cisco

Paragon_Cisco Paragon Moderator

All versions of Drive Backup 9, as well as most of our other products, recovery media can be created on either CD\DVD or flash memory. If your flash memory is large enough you can create and restore images from the same location.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.