Need an answer to this please.

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by littleman, Aug 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. littleman

littleman Registered Member

I just recently downloaded spyware blaster and need to know will enabling this software mess up people buying things off the net? What I mean is like say I go to a site that I want to buy something and they have shopping cart that I have to use to buy the product, will this software interfere with this process? If so, I have to disable this software or is there something else I can do?

Thanks

littleman

2. MikeBCda

MikeBCda Registered Member

Hi littleman, and welcome to Wilders,

Assuming you're dealing with legit and reputable sites, SB shouldn't cause you any problems with purchases or similar transactions. Its primary function is to protect from specific known "baddies" (that's why you should check periodically for updates).

Best,
    Mike

3. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

If when you say enable, you mean ALL protection....Internet Explorer and Restricted Sites protection....there is a probability you'll run into a problem but knowing which Restricted site or ActiveX component is needed....can easily be disabled via SpywareBlaster.

Any particular sites you have in mind ?

4. littleman

littleman Registered Member

I don't have any particular sites in mind but I was telling my mom about this and that she should try it, but she was wondering if this will cause any problems that I described.

5. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

I wouldn't worry about it.

#1 - SWB is easy to remove if it was desired
    #2 - specific site/killbits (however you want to say that) can have protection removed upon any problems arising.

I've never had any problems with SWB, and I've been using it since the beginning. However, the only real shopping I do online is at newegg... All the same, if you find a desired site inaccessable, the killbit responsible can easily be disabled.

6. erikguy

erikguy Registered Member

The reason to use Spyware Blaster is so you can buy stuff online!! It enhances your privacy to make sure only you and the company you're dealing with gets your personal information. If the site is on the "restricted sites" of SWB's database I wouldn't even recommend doing business with them. Javacool researches this information to make sure the sites in the "restricted zone" are sites that CANNOT be trusted.

7. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

You won't have a problem then, this software is a world leader :D

I would recommend the following as a minimum:

1. Spyware Blaster (free) - Spyware Prevention
    2. Spyware Guard (free) - Browser Hijack prevention
    3. Spybot Search and Destroy (free) - if running the above 2 programs, should remain fairly clean
    4. Adaware (free) - same as above

You should be running other security software in addition to the above...

Hope this helps...

Cheers :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.