Name on the context menu and the toolbar button in outlook

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by GAN, Aug 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GAN

GAN Registered Member

Hi,

I just installed Windows 7 Enterprise x64 RTM downloaded from Microsoft a couple of days ago. And after i installed Nod32 v4.0.437 when i rightclick a file the context menu shows "Scan with %ProductName%" instead of "Scan with Eset Nod32" or whatever it should say. Before installing Win7 i used Windows Vista Enterprise x64 where this entry were correct. In Outlook it also says "%ProductName%" on the toolbar button instead of "Eset Nod32".

I know Windows 7 is not officially supported yet, but read in this forum that some experienced this problem using Vista as well so not sure if this is because of Windows 7. Anyone else see the same problem and is there an easy fix for this problem? I might try a complete uninstall/cleanup and then reinstall, but i'm sure there is some easy way to fix this. Not sure where Nod32 is supposed to get the value of the variable %ProductName% to display the proper text.

Maybe someone from Eset know what the problem is and how to easy fix this?

Edit: After a reinstall it's ok until i update. Then i tried to turn off test mode and update again which seems to have solved the problem. So problem solved.

Gan

Last edited: Aug 9, 2009
  2. Rmuffler

Rmuffler Former Eset Moderator

Re: Name on the conext menu and the toolbar button in outlook

Hello GAN,

Thank you for the update. Please let us know if the issue resurfaces. Our testing with Windows 7 is ongoing. Please check our Knowledgebase for further info about Windows 7 compatibility. We will be creating articles as we test the new OS.

Thank you,
    Richard

3. GAN

GAN Registered Member

Thank you for your relpy Rmuffler,

After i turned off "test mode" in Nod32 everything been working great. If i re-enable "test mode" and update the problem return where it says "%ProductName%" on the context menu and the toolbar button in Outlook. I'm not sure what is the difference with the updates i get when test mode is enabled/disabled, but i assume with test mode enabled i might get modules and stuff that is not fully tested yet.

Gan

4. Rmuffler

Rmuffler Former Eset Moderator

You are correct, the test mode feature in our products allows users to use modules that are in a sense "pre-release" because they are undergoing some final testing. Users that have the test mode feature enabled help us catch things we may not see from our test lab machines. As we all know, not everyone's set-up is exactly the same and this assists us. I will pass this on to our test lab so that they can research this.

Thank you,
    Richard

Last edited: Aug 10, 2009
  5. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Just curious, is this an EAV or ESS installation :doubt:

6. GAN

GAN Registered Member

It's the 64 bit version of EAV and not ESS.

7. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.