my search now

Discussion in 'privacy problems' started by julescuk, Aug 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. julescuk

julescuk Registered Member

can anyone please help me everytime i click in ie i get hxxp: // mysearchnow.com/passthrough/index.html?hxxp://www.microsoft.com/isapi/redir.dll?prd=ie&pver=6&ar=msnhome
    my home page is msn but i get the page above it is just a blank page any help would be very grateful
    many thanks
    jules

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2004
  2. Valkyri001

Valkyri001 Registered Member

;) Hang in there Julescuk!! If some body doesn't come by soon try changing your Home page address in your Internet properties/ under system tools :)
    I'm not an expert so uoy may have to wait for better instructions. There is a choice on MSN page that automatically assigns that page as your new home page. You may have clicked it by accident.

3. julescuk

julescuk Registered Member

Thanks I tried that set it and applied it exited ie then clicked it again guess what my search now back again goodness knows what is going on
    thanks
    jules

4. snapdragin

snapdragin Registered Member

Hi julescuk, and welcome to Wilders.

It sounds like you have a CoolWebSearch infection and being hijacked to mysearchnow.

Since there is usually other spyware/malware files installed with this type of hijacker, it would be best if you posted a HijackThis log for analysis at one of the spyware removal forums to ensure it is completely removed from your system.

As we no longer provide hijackthis log review at Wilders, you can find a list of sites that still do perform this type of log analysis and system cleaning in this link: http://a-sap.org/

Regards,

snap

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.