My Icones are gone

Discussion in 'privacy problems' started by Antarctica, Sep 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Antarctica

Antarctica Registered Member

When I switch on my computor there are no more icones on the screen! And I am almost sure I don't have a virus. I am behind a router, NOD32, PG, Ghost Security Suite, Ewido and Spywareblaster. In fact I never had any virus in the past.

Last night it was O.K. and this morning, nothing. I pull the plug and try to reboot
    twice with the same result. o_O

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

If using XP, right click on the desktop, arrange icons, and see if show desktop icons is checked.

Or you could use system restore to go back in time.

3. beetlejuice69

beetlejuice69 Registered Member

If you use CCleaner it will clean your desktop if you don`t have that part unchecked.

4. Antarctica

Thank you ronjor and beetlejuice69 for you help. First, I am not using ccleaner. I had to start in safe mode and make a restore.

I don't like using that function but I had no other choice. o_O For the time beeing it seems to be O.K. Time will tell. :) I scan for virus, trojans and spyware, nothing. I don't know what happend, could it be a conflict with drivers?

5. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Most icons on the desktop are really shortcuts. You can always go to program files, the program executable, right click, create shortcut, and drag the shortcut to your desktop.

6. Antarctica

Sorry ronjor I didn't make myself clear enough before :oops: Apart from the backscreen, there was nothing, no taskbar, no icons, nothing... I couln't click anywhere with the mouse.

7. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Okay. :)

8. Me /GF

Me /GF Guest

Antarctica, check the post provided by "Chip" just over half way down here, it's a reg fix from Kelly's Korner should this happen again.
    You could download and open to figure what in the registry controls this ....

xxxx://www.dslreports.com/forum/remark,14258263

Swap the x's. ;)

GF

9. Antarctica

Definitly could be useful, thanks. :)

10. My pleasure. :)

GF

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.