My friend is having a problem with yahoo IM.

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by cheater87, Mar 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cheater87

cheater87 Registered Member

My friend can't get the news and weather box to pop up when she opens Yahoo IM. This happened when she clicked on an advertisement and now the box won't pop up. Is there a way she can fix this?

2. Dieselman

Dieselman Registered Member

Very easy..................click expand next to the box that is not showing. Happens to me when Yahoo Messenger crashes. You may also need to click start I think next to the weather. Click on plugins and start.

3. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Try this- login, go to Messenger> Preferences > check the option for Yahoo insider.

Is it the one u r asking?

Attached Files:

4. cheater87

cheater87 Registered Member

She has that checked and its still not coming up.

5. Dieselman

Its not Yahoo Insider. Do what I said. I just duplicated it.

6. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Not sure then. There is dedicated IM messengers forum, I forgot its name ATM.

7. thanatos_theos

thanatos_theos Registered Member

Is it the stable v8 or the latest v9 BETA? If there's still no pop-up after doing what Dieselman suggested, try reinstalling. You might also want to create a thread here or contact Yahoo.

thanatos

Last edited: Mar 3, 2008
  8. Dieselman

I will take a screen shot when I get the chance but like I said its very easy. In the main Yahoo Messenger box where you would see the weather and radio stations there is a button called "plugins". Click that and you will see a list of plugins. Some are paid so ignore those. On the right you will see "My plugin". You can start and stop them.

9. sooflymami

sooflymami Registered Member

I'm the person that's having a problem with my Yahoo messenger..I'm not talking about the weather plug-in stuff..I'm talking about the Yahoo insider. The Yahoo Insider always popped up on my screen everytime when I logged in Yahoo messenger, but now it's not anymore. This happened when my Yahoo messenger froze and i tried pressing alt+control+delete but it didnt work so i had to restart my computer..then after that,I logged in the messenger again but it doesn't pop up anymore. Now it's happening on both of my computers now..on my other computer, it stopped popping up after i clicked on the advertisement on the Yahoo insider.When this same problem happened before,I scanned in the Ad-Aware program, it worked that time but it's not working this time. But when a lot of people instant message me as soon as I get on the messenger or when I get a bunch of offline messages, it popped up before..Do you think maybe the files might be jammed or something?? But Even when I sign on MSN messenger, this same problem happens..the MSN news thing usually pops up but now it's not.What do you think is wrong?? Can anyone help me?

Last edited: Mar 7, 2008
  10. Dieselman

Have you done what was suggested? Post it in Yahoo forums and not here. You can easily fix it by just doing a complete uninstall and reinstall with a reboot between them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.