Mutant Bagle O Virus???????

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by Cochise, Apr 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cochise

Cochise A missed friend

OOOOpppps! Just tried to send an Email to friend in Oz.....server refused...says I got Bagle O Virus.....so now can't send or receiveo_O?? :eek:

I didn't open anything Honest.....my AVG etc., can find nothing!!....so wha' happen now please. :-* ....my record of two years without a nasty is broken :'(

Cochise, :cool: (Not so da*n smug now am I)

2. snapdragin

snapdragin Registered Member

Hi Cochise,

McAfee AVERT Stinger has detection for W32/Bagle.o - .p@MM
    You could try that first, or do an on-line full system scan from one of the on-line antivirus scanners listed here: Free Services

Let us know if anything was detected from the scans.

Regards,

snap

3. Cochise

Cochise A missed friend

Hi Snapdragin,

Many thanks for your swift response, I have run 'Housecall' from the list you kindly provided and it found nothing?.

I have since sent an email to myself and it 'went' and 'cameback' with no problem.....SPOOKY....don't know what to think now.

I think I will try a couple more Virus 'Snuffers' from your list and see what happens then.....I'm just a bit worried that if I mail someone I may pass on the little swine to them......not good eh?

Thanks again and best regards, Cochise, :cool:

4. Cochise

Cochise A missed friend

Hi again Snap,

Mmmmm! Don't know what to think now....I.ve just run full Panda virus check and it came up clean as clean can be.....yet when I tried to mail Oz again my server stopped it with the same message about Bagleo_Oo_O? :doubt:

All help gratefully received....

Cochise, :cool:

5. Cochise

Cochise A missed friend

Well, Whadya know.....I ran RAVANTIVIRUS.COM.....it checked out my system and has apparently given the old Bagle O the elbow......HURRAY!...my emails are up and running again etc,.

Just not sure whether Rav or my AVG has now got Bagle by the Nuptials and will no longer allow it to infiltrate my OS through no fault of my own.

Thanks Darlin' Snapdragin......Jus' Love ya.......

Cochise, :cool: :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.