Multivolume?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by mlfdat2, Jul 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mlfdat2

mlfdat2 Registered Member

Hello
    I have successfully used the Acronis Corporate Pack to back up my Server and a workstation. When the backup is finished I see 1 .tib file on my external HDD.
    I am using a computer at home for work and installed Acronis Succesfully. When I do a full back up of this computer, I get a series of 10 backups all the same size. If I open #1 it says it is "Volume 1 in a series of multivolume image archive Mybackup.tib". Why don't I just have a full bckup of this drive as I requested during setup?
    Thank you for your time

2. K0LO

K0LO Registered Member

Which file system is in use on your external USB hard disk; NTFS or FAT32? FAT32 has a 4 GB file size limitation, so TI will split the backup file into 4 GB pieces when saving to a FAT32 disk. If you want a single large backup file then the drive must be formatted with the NTFS file system.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello mlfdat2,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis True Image

You can convert FAT32 file system to NTFS without data loss using Microsoft convert.exe utility:

1. Click Start, click Programs, and then click Command Prompt
    2. At the command prompt, type CONVERT [driveletter]: /FS:NTFS
    3. Convert.exe will attempt to convert the partition to NTFS

See Microsoft KB article for more information.

Best regards,
    --
    Dmitry Nikolaev

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.