Multiple update servers. Are they possible?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by artsky, Jan 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. artsky

artsky Registered Member

Hello,

We are in the process of deploying v3 of NOD32 in the network. One setting we have to finalize is how NOD32 would obtain the definition updates.

We have laptop users that travel frequently. This means that they wouldn't have any connection to our local NOD32 update server during travel.

Is it possible for NOD32 to automatically obtain the updates via Internet in the case that they are away from office? If yes, where will this setting be defined?

Thanks a lot and more power!

2. artsky

artsky Registered Member

another thing, as much as possible, we want the settings to be defined in a single profile only. we wouldn't wanna create a separate "workstation and a laptop profile"..

is this doable?

thanks again.

3. YeOldeStonecat

YeOldeStonecat Registered Member

Along the Shorelines somewhere in New England
    With most of the networks I've setup....I create a separate configuration file for the laptop users...and it's set to have them update from Esets public servers. On a few of the larger ones...I've punched a hole through the firewall redirecting a custom port to the LAN update server..and the laptops, as well as remote satellite users of that client, update from their own Mirror server via the public IP address of the central office.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.