Multiple System Partitions, Truecrypt and system encryption- How to set it up?

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by connect4, Dec 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. connect4

connect4 Registered Member

Multiple Windows XP system partitions on a computer: (Actually just 2)

Okay, I don't know how to correctly set up multiple system boot of 2 Windows XP OS's, but I do have 2 Identical Window XP OS's on the same computer. (1 as a backup OS)

Example:
    C Drive: (MAIN OS)
    D Drive: (OS)
    Master Boot Record=> Automatically Boots C: Windows XP

Now, I don't know how to setup multiple choice on boot up, and it just automatically boots up Drive C: and in order to boot up Drive D:, I have to insert the Paragon Boot Disk which allows me to boot either Drive C: or D:.

Okay, this was the easy part. 2 unencrypted OS's that I have the choice of booting.

Now enter TrueCrypt System Partition:

Same situation as above: 2 Hard disks, 2 system partitions. The difference is TrueCrypt system encryption.

New Situation
    Drive C: (MAIN OS): Fully Encrypted
    Drive D: (OS): Still not encrypted
    Master Boot Record=> TrueCrypt BootLoader => Allows to load Encrypted C: Windows XP

Now the question is, how do I Encrypt my 2nd Windows XP Drive D:, and keep my original Master Boot Record / Original TrueCrypt Boot Loader so I can primarily use Drive C:?

I mean, let's say I Log into my 2nd Windows XP and Encrypt D: drive, then it will knock off my Current Master Boot Record, and I won't be able to log into C: drive.

Does anyone know the solution to this?

Last edited: Dec 13, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.