Multiple Acronis Secure zones

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by jcmaison, Oct 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jcmaison

jcmaison Registered Member

Hello,

I am testing Acronis True Image Home 11.

Is there a problem if I create multiple secure zones ?
    I want to have an Acronis Secure Zone on an external drive for hard disk baclup, and I want another Acronis Secure Zone on an internal drive for personnal data backup.

The external drive hosts the first acronis secure zone. I shut this drive down to be not confused. I then try to create the second Acronis Secure Zone on an internal drive which is NTFS formatted and empty. I give the maximum space to the ASZ. Acronis accepts, reboots my PC and... nothing has happened to the drive which is still empty and no ASZ has been created.

What is wrong ?

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello jcmaison,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup software

Acronis True Image 11 Home is not designed to work with multiple Acronis Secure Zones, however it's possible to create two Acronis Secure Zones using your scenario (1st Acronis Secure Zone is created on external hard drive, external hard drive removed and then second Acronis Secure Zone is created on internal hard drive). Please note that you will not be able to manage both Zones at one time. You can schedule backups to your first Acronis Secure Zone, unplug your external hard drive and schedule backups to your second Acronis Secure Zone.

Regarding the issue with Acronis Secure Zone creation - could you please detach your external hard drive, boot with Acronis Bootable Rescue Media and create Acronis Secure Zone on your internal hard drive?

Thank you.

--
    Michael Levchenko

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.