MsiExec.exe has an error/ Pls HELP!! I still have to do my thesis!

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by glaciation, Jun 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. glaciation

glaciation Registered Member

hi there,

when i open my windows, a msg said my HVideoS COM Server has an error..
    and my msn messenger doesnt work, so i reinstalled it, and it said my MsiExec.exe has an error...so i cannot reinstall my msn too.

i tried to d/l norton and see if i was infected, but the same msg MsiExec.exe has an error appears again.

is it possible for adware to damage my msn?? coz i was infected by adware the day before..but it was fixed now.

PLS HELP...i still have to do my thesis :(

thank you so much!

2. meneer

meneer Registered Member

Use an online virusscanner (like www.pandasoftware.com/activescan ) to check for virusses first.

Perhaps an online trojan scanner is usefull. I don't know if it will work, but you might try one: http://www.trojanscan.com/

For instant messaging get a different client (like Trillian), saves you the hassle installing Microsoft stuff that wants to hook into the operating systrem. Malware tries to corrupt the operating system, so better leave it alone.

Good luck on your thesis...

3. David Guidos

David Guidos Guest

I uninstalled the Logitech Print Server from my system using the Control Panel Add/Remove Programs function and it removed the problem. Hope this helps.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.