MSDTC Service Won't Start

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by julio99, Jul 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. julio99

julio99 Registered Member

I've tried every way I can think of to start the MSDTC service and I keep getting an error 1067 MSDTC has stopped working. The process has been terminated unexpectedly. Why is this so hard to start? I've even been to component services and went through the steps of Computer, then My Computer and expand the DTC tree, but when I do there's nothing to expand. When I click on My Computer properties and check the MSDTC tab there's nothing but a line with a checkbox that is about Local Coordinator and the COM Security tab does not have the right things in it when I click that tab. If theres anything anyone can do to help me to get this started I'd greatly appreciate it.I've even browsed the registry and everything for MSDTC seems to be there. COM+ Security.JPG

MSDTC.JPG

Last edited: Jul 7, 2009
  2. GlobalForce

GlobalForce Regular Poster

3. julio99

I went to both sites via link, used the command line and it still gives me the 1067 error . It goes to starting then stops and terminated unexpectedly. This really bugs me that it won't start. One of the replies in there was talking about start parameters, but didn't elaborate. If you have anything else for me to try feel free to pass it along. Thanx

4. GlobalForce

Check on MSDN, sections "Set the appropriate MSDTC Security Configuration options on Windows Server 2003 SP1, Windows XP SP2, Windows Server 2008, and Windows Vista" and "Consider reinstalling the Distributed Transaction Coordinator service if other troubleshooting steps are not successful." http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa561924.aspx

Or see (easier) JohnDaggs post - http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Fo...g/thread/3de7269d-189f-404f-985e-94558ad08955

Toss the log file then proceed. Don't forget to reboot!

5. julio99

install error log.JPG

Here are the install error log that I found. See if you can make sense of that.

6. GlobalForce

When posting something like that, do so as a text attachment - you'll forward the whole log. Stick with JD's post for the time being.

7. julio99

Which log file do I toss? When I went to that C:Windows\system32\msdtc.exe I can't delete any of those folders . It just keeps denying me permission. Is it the log file .dll or this install log? When I tried the command line -uninstall and -install it doesn't do anything. Just goes to the next line.

8. GlobalForce

According to those threads it would appear %windir%\system32\msdtc\msdtc.log. Then perhaps safe mode, from an administrative prompt.
    I'll assume you've got errors in your %windir%\dtcinstall.log. Copy'em over to notepad then upload the file the same as you did the images.

PS - If you're done here, speak up!

Last edited: Jul 8, 2009
  9. julio99

Sorry Global about not speaking up. I suppose you wanted to close the thread. I resolved the issue once and it failed. Restarted it again and so far ok. I must be doing something while I'm working to annoy this service into kicking that 1067 error back at me. I'll have to troubleshoot that issue at a later time. Thanx for the help guys!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.