MS Update Agent memory leak in Windows 7

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Oleg, Jun 11, 2016.

1. Oleg

Oleg Registered Member

Has anyone here recently experienced memory leak in Windows 7?.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2016
  2. Minimalist

Minimalist Registered Member

Not during on-demand update scan, otherwise I have Windows update service disabled. What's the memory consumption of svchost and which other services are run under the same svchost process?

3. itman

itman Registered Member

Perhaps OP is referring to huge memory use at boot time from it? I have recently seen it at over 1 GB on my Win 7 build. Never stays there and svchost.exe -netsvcs always drops to acceptable levels with a short period of time.

Appears to me to mirror the earlier issue MS had on the same subject. I applied the fix for that and problem disappeared for a while. My gut is telling me that this is related to the aggressive push by MS to convert everyone to Win 10. I have the GSX crap presently disabled through use of GRC's never10 registry hack.

4. quietman

quietman Registered Member

Last edited: Jun 11, 2016
  5. Oleg

Oleg Registered Member

Thanks everyone here for use-full info. Well. Left OS alone with Windows update service active and everything back to normal as it should be.

Thanks again to everyone for your help.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.