MS says my FF needs updating

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by CloneRanger, Apr 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CloneRanger

CloneRanger Registered Member

Got an email from MS that says my FF needs updating !

1.gif

How cheeky :eek: and not true either :thumbd: Anybody else get one, that doesn't use IE ?

2. vasa1

vasa1 Registered Member

I make use of filters to keep e-mail manageable.

3. J_L

J_L Registered Member

LOL, that's expected from the owner of Hotmail.

4. elapsed

elapsed Registered Member

Not really, you're obviously part of a mailing list that you haven't unsubscribed from. Also it doesn't mention Firefox anywhere, it's a basic email advertisement. You think email should dynamically detect what browser you're using and if it's up-to-date change to displaying "Ignore this, you're using the updated v4 of Firefox, well done!"? :D

I think Chrome making you think you can speed up your internet connection with adverts on speedtest.net is somewhat worse.

5. CloneRanger

CloneRanger Registered Member

Indeed ;)

I know, but it states "Your browser needs updating"

No :D So MS shouldn't presume i'm not up to date, it should say, if you are using anything less than IE9 we suggest you update to it. And then possibly give reasons why. The way MS does it could trick/force unsuspecting users that don't use IE into installing something they don't want or need = sneaky = :thumbd:

6. elapsed

elapsed Registered Member

One would think the fact that it's on Windows Update would beat that hands down. This is more about "Hey, you there, actually give it a try".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.