MS AntiSpyware now ignores Claria

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by Stephanos G., Aug 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ---

Let us say, intentionally = installs the program himself, but doesn't know there is Claria in it.

2. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

I don't know about everyone else but it is just common sense to see what all you are installing or downloading. But once you click install your security apps are out of the picture unless there is a virus in it. But your adware and spy detectors are out of the picture. which is human error not a program error

3. ---

Don't know about everyone else but I certainly can't see into the file I'm installing to see if it's malware or not.

A scanner that has the correct file signature couldo_O

4. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

Thats possibly right but I have never installed any software that had malware in it simply by useing a little common sense and reading the EULA before install.

5. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

Hi,
    All I can say:
    Long live Patrick Kolla!
    Long live Spybot!
    Mrk

6. MikeNash

MikeNash Security Expert

Gator is in our sigs database - will need to check if the current versions are, or not - but the default action with OA when this is detected (even if launched by an installer) is to throw up a big red warning which says "Dangerous Program".

Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.