Mozilla to Fix 9-Month-Old JAR URL Handling Bug

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by ronjor, Nov 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Story

2. Terror_Eyez

Terror_Eyez Registered Member

Too bad they are only fixing these smaller things one bug/vulnerability at a time, it's a well known fact that Mozilla is lazy when it comes to fixing their browsers. As a matter of fact, I remember seeing an article just a couple days ago or so, and it was saying how Mozilla is only going to fix 20% of their browser (Firefox)! What about the other 80%? Oh yeah, they said they just weren't gonna worry about it (or something like that).

3. HungJuri

HungJuri Registered Member

Firefox can keep track of the updates with the auto update feature. Maybe thats why you only get 20% of yours, do you turn that off? So you just set it and forget it. ;) You will get all 100% of the bug fixes then.

4. Terror_Eyez

No no, thats not what I mean. What I meant is that out of all the bugs in Firefox (and there are a lot of them), Mozilla is only going to fix 20% of the bugs, the other 80% of the existing bugs are just going to be ignored! :doubt:

5. HungJuri

I would have to see that article to believe it. o_O I was always told that Firefox was completely bug free. Most people that I hand flyers out to seem to be happy enough for the information, they even thank me and all. You can spread the Word on Firefox and they even make up the flyers for you. Here;
    http://www.spreadfirefox.com/node/1000 and bumper stickers also here: http://www.operationfirefox.com/
    Seems pretty bug free to me.
    juri

Last edited: Nov 23, 2007
  6. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

No piece of software is completely bug free... none.. never gonna happen. Best we can hope for is some reasonable control on it all. :)

7. Terror_Eyez

8. lucas1985

lucas1985 Retired Moderator

Mozilla already fixed 11,000 bugs. Of those 800 remaining bugs, some will be present in the final release.
    It's normal to release software with known bugs, specially if you have an schedule to fix them in future builds.

9. yeow

yeow Registered Member

Maybe more clarification here, http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/pos...overblown-most-significant-bugs-squashed.html

10. HungJuri

I am telling everyone to use Firefox! :thumb: I do not want anyone to use IE anymore. :thumbd: I also do not like Opera, but I read here not to say anything bad about Opera, and then later when IE is all gone then we can say that Opera is bad for your computer too! :cool:
    http://www.spreadfirefox.com/node/28441
    I asked two friends to help me spread the flyers and bumper stickers in the AM at the mall. We will say "Happy Season, enjoy Firefox" to everyone. Because we got yelled at by the store manager last week when we said "Happy Holidays". And then when they go inside we will put the bumper sticker on their car to remind them to use Firefox! :rolleyes:
    juri

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.