mozilla profile not detected in SpywareBlaster

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by skl, Feb 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skl

skl Registered Member

Hi, after searching for solution on "spyware blaster" web-site, I went "here"...
    Here it's my problem & my PC details:
    browser :mozilla 1.7.12
    sys :Vista familial
    protect :windows defender, AVG & spybotSD
    connex' :internet 56k

SpywareBlstR(4.1) cant reconize browser-mozilla...I followed instructions of this web page =
    https://www.javacoolsoftware.com/support/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticleid=39&ratingconfirm=1#
    ...no more success.
    I tryed to locate the "registry.dat"file, it's only 2Ko in size.
    It's locate at :C:\Users\p...l\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla
    And at :C:\Program Files\Mozilla\defaults\profile = there's no "registry.dat"file.
    Does someone got some tip to solve this ?
    NOTE : w/my old PC I was running windowsXP pro and spywRBlstR had always reconize mozie !!!
    thx , Pascal.

2. midnitesun2002

midnitesun2002 Registered Member

no I have the same trouble with mine. any body got an answers

3. darNky

darNky Registered Member

same trouble and there is NOT that file name located anywhere on my computer.
    do they read the comments in here and offer a different solution?
    the largest DAT file that I found was my History.dat file--no registry file period
    dar

4. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Hi,

Are you referring to the old Mozilla browser suite, Mozilla Firefox, or Seamonkey (the replacement for the old Mozilla browser suite)?

Best regards and thanks,

-Javacool

5. midnitesun2002

I am using Firefox 3. I have the same thing on my other computer and all works great. SpywareBlaster and spybot search and destroy both have issues with it on this computer but not on my other computer. All the programs have the latest updates on both computers. Spywareblaster does not reconize that firefox is there. Spybot search and destroy has 660 issues with the protection with firefox, I try to imunize it and they still will not open up the protection for it. I am trying to find out how to find the problem and how to fix it. Any suggsetions would be appriecated. I have un installed and re installed to no avail. it still works great on the other computer. I have ran trendmicro housecalls and it finds nothing . Where do I go next? I use AVG anitvirus Sygate firewall on both along with Lavasoft Ad Aware on both computers. It used to work on this one with no problems. running winXP on both computers.

6. midnitesun2002

Ok I have uninstalled Firefox Spywareblaster and spybot.
    which order should I download and reinstall them?
    What d I do if this does not work?

I have ran CCleaner and cleared out any thing that it found.

Any other suggestions at this time?

7. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Hi,

It would probably make sense to reinstall Firefox first.

If that doesn't change things, it sounds like there's something wrong with the structure of your Firefox profile(s) that's causing both SpywareBlaster and Spybot to have trouble detecting them.

For Firefox 3, the profiles are normally located under.

On Windows 2000/XP:
    C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\

On Windows Vista+:
    C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\

(Please note: The "Application Data" or "AppData" folder is usually hidden, so you'll either have to enter it manually in the address bar of Windows Explorer to open it, or enable viewing hidden files and folders to see it.)

In the folder mentioned above, there should be a "profiles.ini" file. This is the file that both SpywareBlaster and (I believe) Spybot use to detect the location of profiles.

If you could either (a) post the contents of the profiles.ini file here or (b) PM them to me (in case you'd like them to remain private), I can take a look to see if anything looks out-of-place.

Best regards,

-Javacool

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.